MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A couple of photo's from the 2002 Brisbane Motor Show.

Photo's compliments of Richard "The stork man"

Note the 17" S-spokes are tyred with something a little wider than standard fare........

hope you like them........

:)

·
Amiga 500 to PS3 20 Years
4,636 Posts
Not a Works

Nice car but it's just a normal Cooper not a Works. No badges and wrong exhaust give it away.

Now it's time for me to go and get a life...

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hmmmm......fake one you reckon ? Note, this Cooper sits much lower than a standard Cooper. On inspection it was not possible to see the bottom of the springs at the front or rear of the car.

Any other faker takers ?

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Basil

I bet my left nut it is a fake. It is a Oz Cooper with some stickers thrown on. The big give away for me was the lack of a roll cage. Also for the people with good eyes the tires are 225/50/17.

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep, my nuts are on the line too.

Inside, it's a stock Oz Cooper (sans glovebox), also there are no bonnet straps or external engine kill switch.

It's the BMW Group Australia way of doing things I guess......which reminds me.

:rolleyes:

·
4,636 Posts
...and no towing eyes and no battery cut off. Plus all the Challenge cars come with the white 16" 5 Stars on them.

I could go on but then I'd look sadder than I already look :)

·
4,636 Posts
Oh yeah and if you look the car hasn't even got a wing on the back either.

Ok definitely looking sad now.

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ginge said:
...and no towing eyes and no battery cut off. Plus all the Challenge cars come with the white 16" 5 Stars on them.

I could go on but then I'd look sadder than I already look :)
got your interest though didn't it........:)

·
4,636 Posts
Ha ha. Yeah it did.

Still looks good. I wanna get a DTM strip like that but with the works logo on it for mine.

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Interestingly in MINI2's news item on the subject:

http://www.mini2.com/news/news.php?id=105

the use of John Cooper adapted cars doesn't get a mention from the Oz MINI Australia Team. Does this mean they are underplaying John Coopers Role, or that the "Challenge" cars will simply be standard Coopers.......Hmmm..... I doubt it too. and it's a bit naughty......but again, in this cynical, conspiracy ridden, dishonest world we now live in, I guess it's to be expected.

The truth is out there........

cheers

·
4,636 Posts
Ermmm. Oh b0110cks now I look really stupid (yes more than normal).

Well everyone I'd seen before had 16's on it anyway. I think in the Works brochure they all have 16's

·
4,636 Posts
I've also noticed that Works car hasn't got a rear wing and it doesn't appear to have works badging by the side repeaters as well.

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks monsta.......ha ha ha...at least yours has a roll bar in it......

nice wheels........ ha ha ha

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ginge said:
I've also noticed that Works car hasn't got a rear wing and it doesn't appear to have works badging by the side repeaters as well.
Ummm...... I think you may have mentioned this already........ ha ha ha.....but your right.

:)

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
If that OZ Cooper with the 17's was yellow it look more like a New York Taxi :D :cool: :D :D :D

·
Ex-Mini2 Racer & Sponsor
562 Posts
All the UK Challenge cars have the 15" 7-hole standard Cooper wheels, and they've just done a sponsorship deal with Dunlop so they'll be the tyres we have to use. The ones in the brochure were produced for the Australia race and well before the regs were firmed up.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts