MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On USA spec vehicles, is it going to be possible to switch the temperature reading to celsius?
That goes for both the outside reading on the tach. and the automatic AC.

·
Registered
99 Posts
BrantV said:
On USA spec vehicles, is it going to be possible to switch the temperature reading to celsius?
That goes for both the outside reading on the tach. and the automatic AC.
My Mini One was delivered in the UK reading in Fahrenheit for both Auto AC and external temperatures. The dealer managed to sort it out after a couple of weeks, once their diagnostic computer had been updated and they had worked out what to do. This doesn't appear to be something that you can do youself, but you should be able to specify that you want your car delivered with the readout in Celcius, or get the dealer to fix it before you pick it up.

Ian

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's good to hear.

I suppose if I could convince the rest of country to convert to Km, I'd do that too. Thanks for the info.

Cheers,
Brant

·
Registered
46 Posts
On an ATC unit, pressing and holding the AUTO button for more than 2 secs will change the units from Celcius to the other strange temperature measurement :D and vice-versa :p

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I picked it up yesterday, yet the service department was unable to figure out how to set the computer to read celsius, even though the manual confirms it's indeed an option.

Anyone know what code they have to turn on?

PS. Fun, Fun, FUN! Having a blast.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Figured it out.

The computer displays units according to how the AC displays them. The method changed on the 2005s however. Now you must press both the AC and foot-well buttons to switch units.

Enjoyed a cool 20ºc setting on a beautiful 24ºc day.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts