MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
What is the part number for this center console rubber mat?

Tried the search but did not know what to call it.

Also, do you know how much the dealer is charging for it?

THANKS!

GMG

·
Premium Member
2,490 Posts
GMG

The part number is MN-51160305535. There are two pieces, the one in the photo plus the piece in front of the cup holders.

Good Luck
Chris

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey thanks!

What does the one in front of the cupholders look like? Is it different from the '05 Utility box?

GMG

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does anyone know if the front part will fit into the '05 utility box?

I kind of wish this had come out first. I would not have retrofitted the utility box.

GMG

·
Canned
13,888 Posts
GoMiniGo said:
Does anyone know if the front part will fit into the '05 utility box?
Sorry, but it doesn't look like it will :(

According to the attached:
  • up to 07/04
  • not in conjunction with additional instruments in center console and accessory CD holder

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,490 Posts
Should be available in UK. The spare parts guy was really good - I think this helped.

When I ordered mine, it was shipped from Germany - took about two weeks to get to Oz.

Good luck
Chris

·
MINI crazy!
303 Posts
That looks great!

Thanks for sharing with us! I'll ask my dealer if it is available here...

·
MINI crazy!
303 Posts
For canadian motorers,

This kit is available at you local dealer. It is the same part # (51-16-0-305-535) and it costs 26.00$can.

I will receive mine on Friday! :p

·
Canned
13,888 Posts
Put the oddments trays in my MINI today :D

It's worth buying this part just for the tray which fits between the side-mirror adjustor and e-brake housing.

·
MINI2 No.1
42,467 Posts
I found stuff fell out of the little '05 model year tray in that location when cornering with any "gusto", even though it has a "sticky" base, I wonder if this would be any better. The colour doesn't look a good match in photos, is it better in reality?

·
Premium Member
2,490 Posts
Paul Mullett said:
I found stuff fell out of the little '05 model year tray in that location when cornering with any "gusto", even though it has a "sticky" base, I wonder if this would be any better. The colour doesn't look a good match in photos, is it better in reality?
Hi Paul

I have not noticed stuff falling out whilst cornering. I find the rubber inserts good at stopping stuff sliding. I must admit I did not notice any issues with colour match.

Good Luck
Chris :):):)

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
I saw this over the weekend in Ian's GBMINI. It is certainly much more practical for storage, and things will not fall out as easily as the 05 utility box. But, IMO it doesn't look right. It is wider than the center console and the industrial texturing doesn't match the interior feel. Yes, he had to remove the 05 utility box and revert to the original plastic for the front piece. He said it only cost something like $23, so if you really need the storage you can't beat the price. I keep a flashlight and my work badge in my 05 utility box and neither fall out in my spirited driving. The additional storage in my armrest is hardly used as it is so I don't have a need for this additional storage.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I think this was asked before, but I cannot find the answer. Does the oddments tray interfere with the type pressure sensor reset switch? I suppose you could always cut out a section of the tray to allow for this?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I ordered this the day I picked up Douglas :green:
It was £10.71 + VAT.
It fits snugly, and doesn't interfere with the run-flat/tyre sensor switch and both literally just slot into the gaps. It also holds stuff quite well and so far nothing has fallen out; although I can't guarantee my cornering is as 'gusto' filled as Paul's ;)
It's made of a kind of thick rubber, so there's no need for additional rubber mats.
When I was at the dealership the parts guy said that he wasn't sure the '05 tray would fit Douglas so I opted for this instead...

don't be drawn in by eBay .. I saw just one part of this on eBay go for £22 plus £6 P&P!!! I bet that eBayer uses Horlicks to sleep at night :D :D
If anyone's dealer can't find it or won't order it I know that my local dealer will, I'll happily order one for you and post it if you send me a cheque/cash/Paypal etc :)

Spendles
:green:

·
Mini2Mini
7 Posts
I recently ordered this part for my Mini but it did not include the bit under the parking break, only the piece under the dash. Are you sure these are not sold as two separate parts or have I been cheated?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts