MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi am new here but have just got a new mini one (r56) haven't taken deliver yet so ha vent been able to get my hands on it but i was wondering if its possible to fit an exhaust for the cooper s (central exit) on to the mini one converting it to the central exit
any help is much appreciated
many thanks
Ryno

·
JP :-)
1,901 Posts
Yes :) However you'll need to get yourself all the brackets from the cooper S plus the bumper or trim if you have the aero kit fitted. I think it works out around 50-60 quid for the parts brackets etc and usually an exhaust can be picked up for around £50 on ebay or even less :)

If you do a few searches there was a guy who had done this to his One and posted some pictures ;)

·
Wanted a JCW!!
777 Posts
Keep us posted as to what you do, I'm interested in doing the same thing!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ye will do getting it on monday and shall be ripping it apart as soon as possible! it will be havin the aero kit fitted mayd the works carbon wing the works wheels as my dad has orderd the jcw and everything that is getting changed on that i am getting on mine trying to make a jcw lookalike but finding alot of brick walls anyone got any good websites for parts e.c.t.?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Which parts exactly are you looking for? Sounds like you have a sweet deal there with your dad, congrats!
If you're trying to order JCW-specific parts for your ONE, I'd suggest using your dad's VIN rather than your own. So just say its for him, not you ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thats a good idea shall be doing that from now on ;)
im looking or the mini cooper s rear exhaust braketing e.c.t looked at the quicksilver exhaust looks asthough that will fit but eventually would like to put a cooper s bonnet on it if it fits!
you cant order just the works exhaust on its own can you?

·
MINI One Seven
4,107 Posts
I think you can order the works exhaust on its own, you certainly can for the old 1.6 one, but whether the new one is compatible with a works exhaust

·
1,901 Posts
ye will do getting it on monday and shall be ripping it apart as soon as possible! it will be havin the aero kit fitted mayd the works carbon wing the works wheels as my dad has orderd the jcw and everything that is getting changed on that i am getting on mine trying to make a jcw lookalike but finding alot of brick walls anyone got any good websites for parts e.c.t.?
I knew I had these somewhere, this is the part no & prices for the brackets etc...

Part Number Description Price
18307535639 Clamping Bush £14.10
32301094716 Exhaust Bolt x 4 £0.34
18302755167 Exhaust Bracket LH £15.38
18302755168 Exhaust Bracket RH £15.38
18302753085 Rubber Mounting x 2 £8.05
Cooepr S Silencer Heat Insulation £60.00
51120413256 Rear Bumper Centre Grill £13.01
51120404117 Bumper Exhaust Trim (Primed) £120.00

If your going for the JCW Look, you'll need the exhaust tips, now afaik these will fit the standard R56 Cooper S exhaust ;) and the part number for these is 18100433063 £27+VAT each

Looking forward to seeing how you get on with this :cool:

·
Wanted a JCW!!
777 Posts
That's actually quite expensive for the bumper trim, if you think it is just a small piece of plastic!

·
1,901 Posts
Just thought I would update this, I have since had my car up on a ramp and the exhaust mod is very straight forward providing you get the cooper S brackets and connecting parts..:) In fact my local exhaust centre reckons they could have the full exhsut fitted in under an hour :)

I'll be ordering up the parts over the next week or so and will update with a few pictures, I've also got on order the JCW Exhaust Tips from the Stage1 Dealer Fit kit. Unfortunatly these are not a direct fit onto the S exhaust but I have a local precision tool making firm who are going to bore out the exhaust trim to make it fit :)

R

·
0 Posts
i agree get some pics up when your done as this should look lovely. I always wanted a cooper s exhaust when i had my 51One.

·
MINI2 Regular
3,726 Posts
i would advise getting a custom exhaust made up at a place - ive just had one and its exactly centred, sounds awsome etc.

·
1,901 Posts
Well the modifications to get this done are truley under way so I thought I'd get the progress pictures up :)

First thing we found out is that the bore on the R56 S is 55mm and the bore on the Cooper is 48mm, this ment that we needed to make the S exhaust 48> mm, this was done by welding a new end piece onto the exhaust to make it fit the standard Cooper bore:

The next mod I decided to so was to make the Stage 1 R56 JCW Exhaust Tips fit the standard exhaust, unfortunatly the bore size on the tip ends was again 55mm and the JCW Exhaust tips where designed to fit 50mm, we decided to again cut a section of the end of the exhaust off and weld a new 50mm bore so this would allow the JCW Tips to fit :cool:

I also was able to source the bumper trim from a fellow MINI2er and have the S Exhaust Brackets currently on order, hopefully will have everything fitted on Tuesday, will update with more pics then :)

·
Wanted a JCW!!
777 Posts
Looking brilliant so far! Would love to see it finished, and also would you be able to document how much it costs including labour etc. Would give me an idea as to how much I'm looking at! Managed to source an S bonnet, the catch being it is blue not red!!

·
1,901 Posts
It's been done and finished :D It looks and sounds fan bloddy tastic and cost a fraction of what I expected, will post pics of the process at the weekend :)

·
Registered
92 Posts
I'm about to take delivery of my MCS and I hate hate hate the exhaust on the stock car. Not the sound, just the look. Have to get rid of it ASAP!

Well done on the mods mate, looks great

1 - 20 of 39 Posts