MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 161 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Who's up for another run. I was thinking of Stirling up to Glen Coe, lunch at the hotel then back down the coast road to Connel and home. :cool: Will be testing out some routes in the next week or so. We'll be looking at a Saturday or Sunday towards the end of october.
Who's game?? Let me know what dates suite.

The borders would be great if it weren't for all the ********speed cameras. There's going to be even more in the new year which will make the Borders roads a fun free zone :mad: Since when was dead straight bit of road a accident black spot??????:mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
486 Posts
Dead straight roads aint accident black spots there revenue generators. B&££"£^d$ :mad:

I get seriosly wound up about speed cammeras and Im lucky as we don't have any up here so god knows what I would be like if I had to live with them :mad:

·
Registered
202 Posts
Count me in :D

You might remember I woosed out of the last run to Cullen cause I was studying...well it paid off! I passed :) Now, anyone got a job?? :(

As for the borders, the A701 from Penicuik to Moffat is 39 miles of twisties, with the "Devils Beef Tub" for scenic views just as you reach Moffat. I went down it on the day I got Max (12th June) and despite the signs there aren't any cameras yet....and it's a fab road, though can be busy :mad:

Stirling north sounds OK to me though!

John

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
When?

Interested if the date suits and my little ONE can keep up with you Cooper chaps.

Ken.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was thinking of that road aswell but there seems to be unmarked cars operating on it. I had a close one a few weeks back just north of Moffat!

I'm afraid I don't know the roads towards the south west that well. No speed cameras up towards the central highlands though and it'll make for some great photos if we get the weather.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yep.......count me in.....just tell me where to meet up, and I will be there!! Need to "run my new car in " so some nice twisty roads will be fun :) :) :)

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Monsta Mo Mini said:
Ok - Now that we've got a bit of interest...

Possible dates : October 12,13,26,27 - I'm away the other two weekends. Keep em coming...

Zooooom - when does your new coop arrive?
Not till november but I'm sure brian will let me navigate:D

·
MINI2 Sponsor & Jakey
356 Posts
I'll certainly try and make it, having missed out on the last run.

Oct 12th would be best for me, but I'll watch the thread to see which date it's finally fixed for.

Willie

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi

Count me in. The weekend of the 26/27th would suit me better, with a preference for Sunday. This would be the last run for my One as I'm changing to a Cooper. (The last run was too much temptation )Should hopefully arrive the next week. (Red with a black roof. Chilli. Cannae Wait)How is your new one going Annette? Your old one is sitting forlornly at John Clarks without a pricetag.
Ken, don't worry about your One keeping up with the Coopers. There was 2 of us last time and we managed okay. You can go as fast or as slow as you feel confortable with so I hope you can make it.

33 sleeps to go

Murdo

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi Murdo

New car is ace....much quicker and smoother to drive. And with all the recent modifications it just seems to be a much better car.I ditched the sports suspension plus for just sports suspension, so the ride is more comfortable for sure !!!!
Great to hear you are getting a new cooper.....need to keep my eyes peeled for it.
So my old MINI is still at the garage then?? I have heard its being used as a loan car at the moment......I think Scott had a loan of it last week while his car was in getting some work done on it.I was told it was being returned to the factory,but I suspect some poor member of the public will be conned into parting with a considerable amount of money for it.....I can only wish them luck !!!!
Well...hope to see you on the run....that Sunday would suit me too. If its arranged for the other weekend, then we will just have to have a mini MINI run on the weekend we are free :):):):) Bye...Annette :)

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi Annette

Glad to hear you got a new car. Is it just the same spec as Flossie Mk1?

Any idea what's happened to Scott, Bod and Shoppie - have you seen them on your travels around bonnie Angus - they've been conspicuous (sic?) by their absence:D

Calum

Everyone else - I think we're erring towards the 26 or 27 so get it marked in those diaries!!

·
MINI2 Sponsor & Jakey
356 Posts
Monsta Mo Mini said:
:D
Just to keep to the theme set by Cullen - ie stuffing our faces. Has anyone been to the tablet shop at Ballahuillish?:p
Oh ya beauty !!!

How many bars of tablet do you reckon we could cram into the boot of a MINI ? :p

Willie

·
Registered
585 Posts
Ive a wedding to go to on the 26th, in the west at Gourock,

I think that you would be as well setting a date, and those who can make it will, those who can't, wont. You will spend ages trying for a consensus!

I'll try and make it, but i'll have to be a kind of last minute decicion.

play safe now!!

Gerry

Monsta Mo Mini said:
So far we have:

Monsta Mo Mini
The Eekster
MCS1
Ken L
Bonnie Scotland
Trixie 01
Zoooooom/Brian
DewLay
Willie M
Double M
Moonshine and MiniMenace (maybe)

:rolleyes: :D :D :D

1 - 20 of 161 Posts
About this Discussion
160 Replies
25 Participants
Linda M
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing