MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had my oil changed and AFTER the service was complete they told me they cannot/will not change the filter on Mini's because it's too difficult to get to. So in essence, I paid $75 for 4.0 quarts of premium oil.
Now I need to change the filter but don't want the expense of paying for the new oil again. Is this possible? or do I just need to have another complete oil change?
I have a 2011 R60 Countryman

·
Registered
849 Posts
refund! they shouldn't have undertaken the work knowing they weren't changing the filter, you had a right to know this so should have refused the invoice imo

oil filter on these is no big deal at all really

·
Registered
10,029 Posts
I just had my oil changed and AFTER the service was complete they told me they cannot/will not change the filter on Mini's because it's too difficult to get to. So in essence, I paid $75 for 4.0 quarts of premium oil.
Now I need to change the filter but don't want the expense of paying for the new oil again. Is this possible? or do I just need to have another complete oil change?
I have a 2011 R60 Countryman
well they are just total muppets cant believe how any business can still be there and cant change a oil filter and its easy job on prince engine use a socket and 12ich bar and ratchet ie every garage has got those, just doing filter wont hurt it would of caught everything it needed to ,, not really the way to do them but hayho you are where you are with it

·
Registered
139 Posts
Probably liability.
They shouldn't have taken the job if they couldn't complete.
i thought the filter was an easy job until that crappy plastic T on the coolant line broke moving the expansion tank out of the way. Coolant all over the place and you have to replace the entire piece up to the turbo, which mini has to order.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts