MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi People,

My dealer has informed me that there is a change afoot as far as the Chili pack is concerned. You will be able to specify what type of suspension will be fitted. This means you won't have to have the SSP+, but can choose the standard set up. Good news for people such as myself, who don't want the rather harsh ride the SSP+ gives, but need the price discount associated with the Chili pack.

No news on the availability of the visibility pack though. It seems it may be delayed.

Cheers
Marsh

·
Registered
668 Posts
Is the visibility pack the one with heated windscreen? There's no sign of that option in the Cooper S options list released last week.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi RedMini,

Yes it is the one with the heated front windscreen. It is a complicated situation, but I believe Ford has some kind of proprietary rights over the type of heated windscreen system BMW want to use.

cheers
Marsh

·
Registered
668 Posts
Thnank Marsh. It's a shame that they didn't make it a condition of selling them Land Rover.

At least it'll save a domestic as it was the only thing that 'er indoors and I disagreed about the spec for our S. I was for it, and she was against.

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Do you know when production will start? Will it be a £100 cheaper because of the cost of SS+ of perhaps have ASC instead.

People that have owned it including the sports seats and leather is it worth it? Or shall I just buy pepper and spend £410 on the 16" wheels?

james

·
Registered
59 Posts
Can be a tad bumpy through town, however, on a and b roads the body control is amazing.
If you are likely to have rear seat passengers and you care about the comfort of their journey then the ssp+ may be to firm.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Mr T said:
But if you have rear seat passengers a lot you wouldn't buy a mini anyway!

Passengers who cares about them, I never get in the back of my car! If your giving them a lift it's their problem, Unless there your kids I suppose, in which case they should be glad to be driven around in a MINI and stop complaining about the ride.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Is it only passengers who appreciate a reasonable ride? Surely we have moved on from the era when for a car to handle well it has to have a rock hard ride?

·
MINI2 Freak
122 Posts
I have SSP+ fitted and the handling is amazing, I don't have any complaints about the ride quality being bad and I have had quite a few passengers recently and no one has mentioned anything!!

I had a MINI One for about five weeks before my chili cooper and for the passengers, the ride quality is no worse, or so I've been told!! Or maybe they just don't want to complain cos I might get angry!!!

Jon

1 - 10 of 10 Posts