MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering whether I can change the 3 front grilles on my Cooper to match the ones in the picture? (Black plastic ones)

Also having the rest of the chrome do you think the black plastic will suit?

Many Thanks

James:D

p.s. My Cooper is the one in the field and I want grilles like the one infront of the house. Sorry/Thank you to whoevers photo I have stolen!!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
398 Posts
it can be done. I did it myself. The bonnet grill is easy, just a straight swap. the lower grill has to be cut with a mini drill or similar and it quite a big job but worth it. I think it would look ok with the chrome, i know a few other people on the forum have this. I changed to a cooper s bumper when i did mine though cos i prefer the look of it

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for replies guys. I have been looking for MCS bumbers but wanted them in the right colours so I didnt have the costs of spraying etc.

Is is literally quite a easy straight job to swap the bumpers? Something I could do on the drive?

Many Thanks

James :red::red::red:

·
land of hope and glory
129 Posts
i just have the upper grille on mine with the chrome still in the bumper, reason? well someone on here was selling the upper bit so i didnt have the lower bit, still might change it to match but it,ll do for me for now.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,861 Posts
Thanks for replies guys. I have been looking for MCS bumbers but wanted them in the right colours so I didnt have the costs of spraying etc.

Is is literally quite a easy straight job to swap the bumpers? Something I could do on the drive?

Many Thanks

James :red::red::red:
Yes, quite easy you could do the swap on your drive...........the rear bumper is covered in Mini2 FAQ & DIY under exterior mods (on red bar at top of this page), the front swap is covered in detail in many posts on here if you do a quick search. :)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Another quick question in regards to the grilles.

I only really here people talk about upper and lower but to me there is a top, middle and bottom grille.

Could someone just clear up which one is the hardest to fit?

Thanks

·
Registered
117 Posts
Another quick question in regards to the grilles.

I only really here people talk about upper and lower but to me there is a top, middle and bottom grille.

Could someone just clear up which one is the hardest to fit?

Thanks
Its the middle one (the smallest one) Its not a straight swap but if you search around there are many threads regarding how to do it (involves cutting the grille to fit as it was designed for the Aero bumper, not the standard one).

·
Registered
398 Posts
having done all the things you discuss i'd say go for it. Get the grill parts from BMW as the prices are less than youd think. The top grill is around £30 and the lower part is around £15. The bottom part you mentioned only fits the aero bumper

I got my cooper s bumper off ebay really cheap. There are only a few bolts and screws holding the origional on, I had to move my fog lights but i think it depends on the year of the car. even so it was easy! The bumper part of the front grill (top piece) has to be cut but there are plenty of guides how to do this on here. I'd do the cutting yourself cos the lohen part is pretty expensive. It completely changes the look of your car, there is a full pic of mine on my profile. I also changed my rear bumper and side skirts to cooper s ones. I could have got the aero kit but i think its more unique how i've done it and personally i prefer it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts