MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody,
I'm a little confused and waiting as I've decided it's time to change
my front bumper since it has been dented on the right side and it's really noticeble.
I saw that the new restyled Mini has new front and rear bumpers so I just wanted
to know if it's possible to install the new bumpers over the old ones.
I went to BMW and they said they don't know if it's possible and told me to install
the old ones. Has any of you tried to install the new ones?
Do you know if is it possible to install the new bumpers on a '04 model?

Please let me know.

Thanks!
Rick

·
Registered
6 Posts
05 bumpers

Hi,

I have a 2002 Mini one and I had the 2005 spec bumpers fitted the other day. It was a straight swop and took the garage no more than 45 mins to do.

Kate :D

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Good news Kate!
Did BMW or another private dealer do it?
I mean, did you buy the bumpers and let them install by someone else?

The new design of the bumpers is growing on me, while I think the new rear lights
are not that well designed for a Mini. They resemble the Fiat Bravo rear lights.

Also, what did you pay for both bumpers?

Thank you!
Rick

·
Registered
6 Posts
2005 bumpers

Rick,

I got the bumpers from a person who had a brand new mini and had them removed to have a body kit fitted so although second hand they were virtually brand new. They also happened to be the same colour as my car (pure silver) so i didn't need to get them sprayed which was a bonus. I bought rear and front bumper, chrome grill and chrome boot handle for £220 and fitting cost me £47. They fitted everything in less than an hour. BMW wouldn't fit the parts as they were second hand so I got a local reliable car body repair shop to do it for me.

Kate :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts