MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I got my 2007 cooper s back in October but unfortunately I didn't order the white turn signals and the bold orange look really disturbs me!

I have the xenon headlamps and when I asked my dealer if it was possible to just change the orange plastic in the front/back he said that I would have to change the whole headlamp/tail lamp which would cost a LOT! ! ! :( I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how I could proceed. I even thought of actually buying halogen headlamps with white turn signals and just using the clear plastic on my car but I've heard a lot of things on how difficult it is to access this xenon area.

Any feedback would be welcome!

Thanks

Melis :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just took my headlights out, removed the cap, and removed the turn bulb assembly and popped out the orange lens and slid it out the side. So now there is no lens there, but there's no orange either. I would like to know if there is a way to do the taillights, but I haven't found anything yet. If anyone has an idea rather than buying a new set, please let me know.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Well then I will try to contact MINI USA and ask them if maybe they can order the clear lens
so that we can have something! I am sure it's a numbered part!
As for the tail lights, why can't you do the same thing?

·
MINI2 Regular
3,726 Posts
I just took my headlights out, removed the cap, and removed the turn bulb assembly and popped out the orange lens and slid it out the side. So now there is no lens there, but there's no orange either. I would like to know if there is a way to do the taillights, but I haven't found anything yet. If anyone has an idea rather than buying a new set, please let me know.
i think Mike has something on newministuff.com

1 - 4 of 4 Posts