MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Now with S power!
23,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know where you can get the tool to get the discs off the car.

cant remember the name of it but it is the star shaped tool that is next to where the bolts go into the hub :confused:

and any idea of price?

thanks

matt

·
MMC Member
14,017 Posts
Torx and I believe that it is a T50 (can't remember). You should be able to get one at a local hardware store for a few pounds. I bought an entire set for about 15 Euro.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
hi matt
it is just a big torx bit t50 i think
should only be a few quid even if you have to buy a set ,if you are doing the back ones you may need a caliper retracting tool & laser make one about £18 you also need a soft faced mallet to tap them as the inside rust up a bit & stops it coming off the hub

·
Registered
350 Posts
You could buy a Bentley manual.
Bentley !??! thats a cut above isn't it ;) ... seriously though a Haynes manual would be a lot cheaper I would expect (about 12 quid) and has nearly everything you need to know about DIY and your mini. They are available in many car shops in the UK or can be ordered online(as I did).

·
MMC Member
14,017 Posts
Bentley !??! thats a cut above isn't it ;) ... seriously though a Haynes manual would be a lot cheaper I would expect (about 12 quid) and has nearly everything you need to know about DIY and your mini. They are available in many car shops in the UK or can be ordered online(as I did).

Sorry, but I have both and Haynes leave a lot of things out. Bentley is the best and worth every penny if you are going to turn wrenches on your MINI. Having "nearly" everything is not what you need when your car is on the rack torn apart and you don't know what you need to do next. ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts