MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

One of my front foglight bulbs has gone but I have no idea how to change them. Any idea?

Thanks

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sadly it does not say anything in the manual.

·
MINI2 Global Moderator
4,566 Posts
Can you get to the back of the unit? I haven't tried. On the indicators you just have to turn the unit, I would imagine it is like that...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It does look quite difficult to get to it. When I do manage to touch it I cant feel any way of getting in.

·
MINI2 Global Moderator
4,566 Posts
Your best bet is to call your dealer. I haven't tried it so I don't really know.

Plus, I am at work so I can't go and have a look at the moment!! :)

·
Registered
391 Posts
Go to the dealer

I would say the best bet is to go to your dealer. There are lots of wires down around the lights and If you pull one of those out by mistake you will be in even more trouble. The dealer should only charge you for the bulb.

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
Re: Go to the dealer

timlowden771 said:
I would say the best bet is to go to your dealer. There are lots of wires down around the lights and If you pull one of those out by mistake you will be in even more trouble. The dealer should only charge you for the bulb.
Yeah & and 1 hours labour :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
448 Posts
Why isn't the work covered under the warranty or TLC package?

·
Registered
448 Posts
Depends on how old the car is and how much work is involved in changing it - if a bulb goes after a fortnight, and it's going to take 2 hours of me buggering about to fix it, it's going to get replaced FOC or else!

Are you sure the bulb was working at the time of the PDI?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just put driving lights on, and I think to access the fogs lights
a) you have to get the bumper skin off
b) you need long monkey fingers to reach in the hole from the front and twist the bulb assembly 90 degrees and it should pop out.

·
What kind of car IS that?
82 Posts
You don't need to remove the front bumper. Turn your front wheels to gain access to the fender liners and unscrew the plastic clips that hold it in place. From there you can reach behind the liner to change the bulbs. It's very easy and doesn't take long.

·
Registered
337 Posts
You don't need to remove the front bumper. Turn your front wheels to gain access to the fender liners and unscrew the plastic clips that hold it in place. From there you can reach behind the liner to change the bulbs. It's very easy and doesn't take long.
Hi I agree with Shooler it aint that bad once the liner is taken off. someone said to me that you have to take the front bumper off and there is a tread for that someone on this mini2. also iin the manual it states contact dealer.

chris :p

·
Registered
1 Posts
Many a year too late, but . . . . remove the wheel, and wheel well. The back of the fog light assembly will be in plain view for easy replacement of the bulb. Check for water in the housing as I've found this a problem with mine and it toasted the bulb. Also confirm the bulb is the right one as I found a mismatch or discontinued part no. when trying to get replacement bulbs from the dealer.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts