MINI Cooper Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Charity Ball Run - Feb 26th - PACE NOTES AVAILABLE

21K views 359 replies 53 participants last post by  Mini-Trainer 
#1 · (Edited)
***** IMPORTANT UPDATE - Change to run notes ......

I've had to amend the notes , snow is pretty much ok but ice might still be a problem, and it is forecast to freeze. I have whizzd around today and some streches were, erm ,interesting ..... there is more snow to the North of Northampton than here

Please print out the additional notes in the word file suffixed amendments and read it in conjunction with the existing pace notes.

Thanks
Bob

If anyone wants to join the run at lunchtimethen this is the pub we will be lunching at

The Billing Mill Pub
The Causeway
Great Billing
Northampton
Northamptonshire
NN3 9EX

I plan to be there about 12.15 , and we will leave at 1.30.

It's the Inaugral Northants Nutty Run ........... The Chilterns III run has been cancelled as the Charity Ball has been relocated to Northampton (details here http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55779 ) However there are some fantastic roads around the Northants country side so I will arrange a run on the Saturday if folks are interested. Log your interest here - I'd say we now have enough interest to make this a definite part of the weekend now :)

And as it's a part of the Charity Ball you'll be asked to make a donation if you partake in the run :) And if you're doing the run and not the Ball you'll be asked for an even bigger donation :p :D

The format will be shorter than a normal full blown day run - give people time to travel down and then a mid
morning departure, finsihing off mid afternoon to give everyone time to get dolled up for the Ball.

The route is now finalised. It's a good mixture of narrow single lane twisites and wider faster open roads, yes there is a ford too :D Total route is about 80 miles.

We will start st Sixfields in Northampton, just off J15a of the M1. There is a car park between Franky & Bennys and the UGC cinema that is failry empty at the weekend so we will congregate there. Multi map link here http://www.multimap.com/map/browse....blic&addr2=&quicksearch=NN5+5QJ&addr3=&addr1= There is also a Mcdonald there if anyone fancies a breakfast :D I will be there from 10.00am latest.

The route will finish at the Moat House Hotel, the Ball venue, in Northampton town centre. If you are not attending the Ball you can still come along for a post run drink at the bar afterwards.

Departure will be 10.30 am prompt. If you miss the start and want to join us later then you can head to the lunch stop at the Billing Mill, near billing Aquadrome http://www.pub-explorer.com/nhants/pub/billingmilllittlebilling.htm We should arive at Billing about 12.15 ish, leaving there at 1.30 prompt and finishing the run at 3.30pm. Lunch menu is now attached at the end of this post

Note that there are no toilet facilities from the start until the lunch stop so everyone visit the Cinema toilets before leaving :D Also after lunch there are no toilets until the Moat House so again use the pub facilites before heading off.

1) Soggy - Bob
2) Hickster
3) Mad Brummie ( we'll find some babe to ride with you mate ;) )
4) Poppet
5) Oddball
6) AidenL
7) Scooperman_UK
8) Pappillon
9) ONED
10) Speedd
11) Rakey
12) KPKalle
13) Edna
14) Trainman
15) Hamster
16) Jeep-2-mini
17) Steffers
18) Big Dave & MINI Mol
19) Will & Beth in Tubbie ( Edna's friends)
20) Minnie Mouse
21) Ian Clark
22) Harpo
23) Fevs
24) RVW
25) Stu2
26) Intrepid
27) Rich_IX
28) 2BAR_G40
29) M.2
30) Stuvoi
31) minibee
32) CANDH2
33) Foxy MINI (maybe)
34) Klint
35) MiniShel
36) Davislove3rd
37) Mini-medic
38 - 40) 3 MINIs from Wollaston MINI
41) 28sedan
42) Pobsey
43) Klint
44) notts04chillimini
45) Booobs
46) mini-trainer

Attachments

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.