MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
hawkins
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've got a 52 plate cooper s, but it keeps gettin scratched n wing mirrors smashed ripped off.
and it doesnt seem 2 set the alarm off, was just wonderin if anyone had a recomendation form an after market alarm thats more sensitive

please help otherwise the option is move house lol

cheers in advance

·
Registered
810 Posts
The kids near me really p*** me off, five mins after I park up they are out there playing football drives me nuts. I have had it broken into three times aswell, was all before I had the new alarm fitted

·
I can't get no sleep
868 Posts
The G5 is a quality alarm had one on a previous car with the intellistart was great fun seeing peoples faces see the car start up with no one in it:D, was a god send in winter too on the frosty mornings, its a shame they have nowt better to do have you thought of cctv?? maplins where selling colour ones with infra red for £40.

·
still learning
1,270 Posts
unfortunately a fancy car alarm won't stop the idiots vandalising your car............it actually might make it more fun for them !!

probably cctv or similar would be a better idea to find out who they are and be able to do something about it.

you'll find that it will only be the same one or two vandals, and eventually they will grow out of it, or find something else to amuse themselves. ( but by then your car could be trashed ! )

if you feel the problem is more widespread I would tend to move to a better area, as life's too short to put up with this type of hassle.

·
Registered
246 Posts
unfortunately a fancy car alarm won't stop the idiots vandalising your car............it actually might make it more fun for them !!

probably cctv or similar would be a better idea to find out who they are and be able to do something about it.

you'll find that it will only be the same one or two vandals, and eventually they will grow out of it, or find something else to amuse themselves. ( but by then your car could be trashed ! )

if you feel the problem is more widespread I would tend to move to a better area, as life's too short to put up with this type of hassle.
I remember a couple of years back a forum member by the name of minicruiser did this, what happened to minicruiser? Loved that yellow ONE she had.

·
Registered
810 Posts
My one does have a maget on it for kids:mad:, but has helped alot as it was talking one night when I looked out the window someone was messing around with the car and having ago at the locks. He so went when I went outside and told him to p*** off as the police on their way:D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts