MINI Cooper Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 707 Posts

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So MINI's been on the market now for a while, there are used MINI's out there for a reasonable price, so much so that you can get one for Corsa/Saxo/Clio kind of money.

Is this the image bubble bursting of the MINI? From it being the cool, chic motor that we all brought into?

Are you seeing more and of these modified beyond the law/belief MINI's?:rolleyes:

Is the MINI community about to starting to turn into a place that all talks in txt code and wear hoods and discuss which brand of spot cream to use?:eek:

·
Registered
267 Posts
lol, you have a point! Athough I hadn't really thought about it like that....

I had noticed round here at least there are more young people driving MINIs, the older ones at least (51s etc). But none of them have been modified to stupidity <thankfully>:rolleyes:

I think people hold a bit more respect to MINIs than Saxos and the cars in that class because they are just that, in different classes. I have yet to see an Astra, Saxo or Corsa that looks as it did when it rolled off the production line:rolleyes:

·
Registered
943 Posts
As above, people have too much respect for the car... plus, it's a MINI, if people start modifying, the odds are they get their ideas from here!

·
Overly excited!!
1,364 Posts
I thk it cos ur jelus u old man, wot u recon ppl :p
Could we have a spellcheck button, and a translate button please? :D

I think there have always been some chav MINI's about. Remember, people do crazy things, like chrome an entire Ferrari, so the MINI is an easy target. Look at some of those chrome accessories, or the rear lights.

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So you haven't seen people putting illegal lights on, or the amount of posts about getting insurance for 17 year olds?

Maybe its just me thinking how at that age I had a mini which all I was concerned about was welding up holes in the floor:eek:

·
Premium Member
9,742 Posts
In all seriousness this time;
I do believe that the yes you can now get an old Mini for £8000 sterling, but the chavy brigade are used to buying a base model euro box for £8000 brand new with the all important free insurance. Then they go out & spend many thousands on chavtastic mods (but none to the 1.1 engine remember as they have free insurance).
Those aweful bodykits (can't remember the make) have been out for many years for the Mini but besides pics from their own website how many have you seen out in real life ?

·
Registered
92 Posts
So you haven't seen people putting illegal lights on, or the amount of posts about getting insurance for 17 year olds?

Maybe its just me thinking how at that age I had a mini which all I was concerned about was welding up holes in the floor:eek:
What's wrong with a 17 year old owning a MINI? And what's wrong with people adding a bit of personalisation to it? Isn't that one of the main strong points of MINIs, their ease of customising?

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What's wrong with a 17 year old owning a MINI? And what's wrong with people adding a bit of personalisation to it? Isn't that one of the main strong points of MINIs, their ease of customising?
Whats wrong with it?

You're supposed to be at college learning, building a future career, having alcho pops outside the offie on the evenings, and driving a car that cost no more than 2K and breaks down every other day.

Not be able to afford to buy an 8K car and run it or sponging off your parents to buy and run it for you;):p

·
R.I.P MINI2
17,651 Posts
Fair play to you Lonz ;)

I knew that exact post was coming, I just didn't expect it to be in English.

I think the point Rakey is trying to make is that the type of 'personalisation' done by your average 17 year old to his/her her Corsa/Saxo etc isn't really personalisation, as they all seem to do exactly the same thing (big exhaust, aftermarket bodykit, illegally-dark window tints, Lexus-style rear lights, etc, etc, etc).

We all knew this was coming when we first bought our MINIs new all those years ago, we just didn't want to admit it at the time :(

·
IJ 2009 - Team 81
3,223 Posts
Yo Lonz take a chill pill dude. Rakeys only 'aving a bubble. Problem is 'e don't know book when 'e sees it. Innit.;):p:p:p (See I'm down wiv da yoof, even at 33 :p. Anyway got to go find my grime albums!!)

I have to admit at 17 having my old classic in bits every weekend was part of the fun, along with showing people why the floor on the passenegr side of my 1969 Viva was so spongy (who needs a floor anyway?)

There is nothing wrong with 17 year olds having MINI's, just can't understand how most of them, (or their parents), can afford to buy one;)

I have dreaded the day I see the chavved up MINI with the awful body kit. Have vowed to sell mine the day it happens. Came pretty close on Mikeys lakes run, he knows what I'm talking about:p

Sorry it's been a stressful day:D

·
Registered
267 Posts
I've just looked at the photo again and have a question - how would you get in it?! (not that you'd want to) But I don't see any door handles:confused:

1 - 20 of 707 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.