MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Learner Burner
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok then, the other day one of my learner drivers put my D in six by mistake and hey presto we where going along at tickover at a constant 30mph!! and so when not in a hurry its 1 3 and 6 smooth as well not like the peugoet 406 hdi Ive also got, that wont even go in 4 at 30 with out wanting to stall....

·
Registered
21,702 Posts
How the heck did they manage to get into 6th gear at 30mph?! :eek: What gear were they supposed to go for? 6th gear is a long way from 3rd or 4th (well it seems it to me :rolleyes: - but then i couldnt get reverse gear with one hand to start with :rolleyes: )

I do like 6th on the m/way though - ooo the power! :D

·
MINIMAT
813 Posts
6th Gear

Yes I noticed the same thing. Car needs to be on the flat or it dies but very odd. I usually try and get in 6th whenever possible for economy. Reminds me of the way automatics creep forward.

·
Registered
149 Posts
phb2001 said:
Ok then, the other day one of my learner drivers put my D in six by mistake and hey presto we where going along at tickover at a constant 30mph!! and so when not in a hurry its 1 3 and 6 smooth as well not like the peugoet 406 hdi Ive also got, that wont even go in 4 at 30 with out wanting to stall....
Much more preferable than when they go from 6/4 to 1st without a reduction in speed :)

·
Registered
668 Posts
......... or 4th to 3rd via reverse like one of my wife's colleagues pupils did a few days ago.

The gear linkage went, it was recovered to the dealership and repaired the same day.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.