MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I changed the oil in my 2010 Mini Clubman S today. Oil levels are good and there are no leaks. However, when I started the engine up, I noticed that now the check engine light is illuminated on the instrument cluster. I don't have a code reader. Any ideas why this light could have come on?

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Hello, I changed the oil in my 2010 Mini Clubman S today. Oil levels are good and there are no leaks. However, when I started the engine up, I noticed that now the check engine light is illuminated on the instrument cluster. I don't have a code reader. Any ideas why this light could have come on?
what colour is the light, to reset service including the oil type used and mileages need diagnostics to do it correctly if yellow warning might be a service due warning can reset that with the function button in car google it will bring up answers
if red warning then have a issue with pressure, maybe cheap filter or filter not in correctly or wrong filter possible,

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The check engine light is yellow. Took it to my local shop and a tech read the codes and said it was related to my cooling system and could cause my cooling fan to run a bit long after turning off the car, so there must be a faulty sensor. I'll be taking it back in next week when they've got time on their schedule. Seems unrelated to the oil change, but strange that is happened immediately after I did the oil change.

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
The check engine light is yellow. Took it to my local shop and a tech read the codes and said it was related to my cooling system and could cause my cooling fan to run a bit long after turning off the car, so there must be a faulty sensor. I'll be taking it back in next week when they've got time on their schedule. Seems unrelated to the oil change, but strange that is happened immediately after I did the oil change.
i believe there is a recall on temp sensors might be worth contacting main agents and ask the question might save you some money

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Great suggestion, thank you mike1967
i now for sure there is a recall on all Peugeot and Citroen with same prince engines for temp sensor linked to oil light problems i believe are connected as the sensor runs the wrong temp so engine gets to hot for the oil and oil thins with heat etc, i just went through all this with main agents on a c4 with coolant sensor reading below freezing ie -48 all the time and thermostat would not open so car cooked in 10 minutes, turns out it was a bsi issue ie the central ecu that deals with it, main agent told me there were a number of recalls around the thermostat housing and sensor etc,
my fault was the mother of all faults, wiring striped and ecu tested etc new thermostat housing,, this was all produced from the thermostat housing melting inside and going short circuit to positive and shorting out the ecu,, but not the under bonnet one you would think it would, car electronics are getting silly

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts