MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
See previous post on OCT 9.

As of today, (10/14=SEVEN days in shop.. .and only 1500 miles!!!), My 2005 cooper is still in shop, with undiscovered "problem"-- i.e. check gas cap light won't stop coming on. Fuel pump (in right rear over tire--replaced with new one-- resulting test drives apparently still caused light to come on...)...AM feeling TOTALLY disappointed... and perhaps unlucky purchaser of LEMON.... car has only 1500 miles.. and have had only 1-1/2 months!!!...
Am planning long heart-to-heart with sales mgr tomorrow... BMW traveling 'technician' failed..apparently to find problem as well. Am still driving 'loaner' from dealer... But perhaps it's time to buy a CHEVY !!!? :confused: and EXTREMELY disappointed.... Plan on refusing to receive this one after they are done "experimenting" with solution... dealer says 2005 is first year that this "feature" was put in car.... So they are dissecting the car, and experiment ing with locating the problem... anything else... maybe I'd take it back, but a faulty and PRESSURIZED fuel system???? SEEMS like asking for problems...

BUYER BEWARE>>> am planning to ask for REFUND on this "product"... stay tuned

·
Owner & Motoring Advisor
158 Posts
It's not a lemon yet. The check filler cap/service engine soon light can actually take a few days to turn off if it was merely a problem of not closing the gap cap tight enough. At this point, I imagine that's not the issue, but they have a right to a chance to fix it.

Best of luck, hope its not a lemon and they'll get it back to you ASAP.

·
a.k.a Handsome Rob
2,955 Posts
How about the O2 sensor. Mine did the exact same thing with about the same number of miles.
Tavis1 :red:

·
Registered
783 Posts
The gas cap light came on in my car, shortly after having a new fuel pump installed. Something was improperly sealed during reassembly, and the slight air leak was interpreted by the system as a cap problem. My local dealer's service department crew were stumped initially, having never seen that particular light before (Which light was it? It said what? Show me!).

·
Mini in Maine
556 Posts
I feel your pain...but...

fillnflash said:
See previous post on OCT 9.

As of today, (10/14=SEVEN days in shop.. .and only 1500 miles!!!), My 2005 cooper is still in shop, with undiscovered "problem"-- i.e. check gas cap light won't stop coming on. Fuel pump (in right rear over tire--replaced with new one-- resulting test drives apparently still caused light to come on...)...AM feeling TOTALLY disappointed... and perhaps unlucky purchaser of LEMON.... car has only 1500 miles.. and have had only 1-1/2 months!!!...
Am planning long heart-to-heart with sales mgr tomorrow... BMW traveling 'technician' failed..apparently to find problem as well. Am still driving 'loaner' from dealer... But perhaps it's time to buy a CHEVY !!!? :confused: and EXTREMELY disappointed.... Plan on refusing to receive this one after they are done "experimenting" with solution... dealer says 2005 is first year that this "feature" was put in car.... So they are dissecting the car, and experiment ing with locating the problem... anything else... maybe I'd take it back, but a faulty and PRESSURIZED fuel system???? SEEMS like asking for problems...

BUYER BEWARE>>> am planning to ask for REFUND on this "product"... stay tuned
it seems you are going just a bit overboard. It's not like the car is falling apart. It's a warning light for goodness sake. Sure it's a new car and we'd all like for all of them to be perfect, but that is never going to happen. Relax and take a deep breath. If that's the only problem you ever encounter you'll have a wonderful car with great experiences, but if you let this one small(albeit untimely) problem get you this down you'll be dead from heartfailure before you're 40. Wait it out a bit longer and try to get some sort of deadline for this to be fixed. Luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.