MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys you need to check out the latest GO MINI magazine there is an article about Skateboard Mama. She is 80 years old and still riding her skateboard, wind sail, and roller blades. She has owned her Cooper CVT now since April 7 and she still says it's the coolest car she has ever owned.

And when asked where she gets all her accessories and speed parts for that "little red rocket" her answer is "Promini.com". With almost 75 years of Driving experience, Skateboard Mama know a quality speed part when she sees it.

·
Boy who made the wolf cry
10,324 Posts
Good to see you can turn a cool story about a real old timer in a Mini into a bit of PR...

Todd

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Red&blackS said:
Good to see you can turn a cool story about a real old timer in a Mini into a bit of PR...

Todd
It worked out good for both of us! She's my mom, and needing a new car I figured getting her something that was reliable and I could at least have some control over when it needed service. So this was her 80 year Birthday present.

So to pay for it, I need all the forum member to buy parts from Promini. You guys don't want to be responsible for an old lady getting her car REPOSSESSED! ;)

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No that is my younger brother

scooperman_uk said:
and would u be the son who taught her to skateboard according to the article?:)
I was already out of the house doing the Mechanic thing, and living on my own. My younger brother, was still in school. Since he was into skate boarding she picked it up going to the skate parks with him. She then learned the wind boarding from a local skate shop owner at the beach who also supplied her with a sail. She has lived in that same area for about 35 years and knows everyone at the beach.

·
Mini Mod
9,227 Posts
Blue Thunder said:
It worked out good for both of us! She's my mom, and needing a new car I figured getting her something that was reliable and I could at least have some control over when it needed service. So this was her 80 year Birthday present.

So to pay for it, I need all the forum member to buy parts from Promini. You guys don't want to be responsible for an old lady getting her car REPOSSESSED! ;)
I have....twice :D
So I'm pretty guilt free. :p

·
MotorCityMadman
3,793 Posts
Hey guys, what book retailer in the U.S. carries Go MINI?! I can't seem to find it.

Thanks! ;)

·
Slippery When Wet
2,556 Posts
I buy mine at Barnes & Noble in Ann Arbor. They seem to be pretty behind though. There was apparently a little blurb about our MichiganMINI contingent in the most recent one (well, most recent to the US), but Barnes&Noble hasn't had the new one on the shelf yet.. :rolleyes: :(

·
MotorCityMadman
3,793 Posts
I was at B&N and picked up New MINI, and they also have the Mini mag deidcated to the Classic. However, no Go MINI. :bad: Will have to search around I guess.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
They are hard to find!

Barnes & Noble does carry "Go Mini". However they seem to be in limited supply and then they do sell out quickly. Since they are hard to find, it may be best to get a subscribtion. We get it here at the office. It's a great magazine, lots of special interest stories. They are also doing more tech articles. The great news is that they are going to be a monthy magazine in 05. Not just every 2 months.

·
owt else is just traffic
1,462 Posts
There is an ad in mini magazine for the next issue of GO MINI and its now monthly.Not sure if thats good or bad considering the varied opinions.I will welcome it personally.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts