MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, i just order a pepper white mini cooper with black stripes and a checkered top but i am having 2nd thoughts as to how the top would look. does anyone have any pictures i could see? if not i think i might cancel that feature. also, i hear that was a mod you could do where there is a button you push to start the car. it seems really cool. i dont have much knowledge about wiring and stuff, would i be able to do it? where can i find info on it? thanks

·
Slave to my MINI
316 Posts
First off, Weclome to MINI2 ! :D

I have no idea about the push-button start, although I did see one in the Moss Mini catalog. It looks to install in place of the cigarette lighter.

I think the checkerboard roof would look really cool with Pepper White and black bonnet stripes! Make sure you get black mirror caps too! ;)

·
Registered
641 Posts
xandersingh said:
hi, i just order a pepper white mini cooper with black stripes and a checkered top but i am having 2nd thoughts as to how the top would look. does anyone have any pictures i could see? if not i think i might cancel that feature. also, i hear that was a mod you could do where there is a button you push to start the car. it seems really cool. i dont have much knowledge about wiring and stuff, would i be able to do it? where can i find info on it? thanks
Hmm Push Button start... Reminds me of my old 62 Mini, the original Mini's had a push button start on the floor in the centre just in front of the drivers seat. I suppose it was sort of a logical place to have it as the battery was in the boot (trunk I think you call in in the US!) so the wriing went through the central tunnel. Also meant that it didn't need a starter solenoid, one less thing to go wrong ;) .

Now push button start for a new MINI, may be a floor mounted one could be fitted as a "Retro look" mod :D

Oh and checkered roof on a Pepper white, see one quite regularly and it looks really cool. Also saw a Pepper white with the bumpers in black the other day, this looked really good as well. :cool: Only draw back with a checkered roof is that you can't really have a sunroof :p

1 - 3 of 3 Posts