MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, i just order a pepper white mini cooper with black stripes and a checkered top but i am having 2nd thoughts as to how the top would look. does anyone have any pictures i could see? if not i think i might cancel that feature. also, i hear that was a mod you could do where there is a button you push to start the car. it seems really cool. i dont have much knowledge about wiring and stuff, would i be able to do it? where can i find info on it? thanks

·
Slave to my MINI
316 Posts
First off, Weclome to MINI2 ! :D

I have no idea about the push-button start, although I did see one in the Moss Mini catalog. It looks to install in place of the cigarette lighter.

I think the checkerboard roof would look really cool with Pepper White and black bonnet stripes! Make sure you get black mirror caps too! ;)

·
Registered
641 Posts
xandersingh said:
hi, i just order a pepper white mini cooper with black stripes and a checkered top but i am having 2nd thoughts as to how the top would look. does anyone have any pictures i could see? if not i think i might cancel that feature. also, i hear that was a mod you could do where there is a button you push to start the car. it seems really cool. i dont have much knowledge about wiring and stuff, would i be able to do it? where can i find info on it? thanks
Hmm Push Button start... Reminds me of my old 62 Mini, the original Mini's had a push button start on the floor in the centre just in front of the drivers seat. I suppose it was sort of a logical place to have it as the battery was in the boot (trunk I think you call in in the US!) so the wriing went through the central tunnel. Also meant that it didn't need a starter solenoid, one less thing to go wrong ;) .

Now push button start for a new MINI, may be a floor mounted one could be fitted as a "Retro look" mod :D

Oh and checkered roof on a Pepper white, see one quite regularly and it looks really cool. Also saw a Pepper white with the bumpers in black the other day, this looked really good as well. :cool: Only draw back with a checkered roof is that you can't really have a sunroof :p

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
cook1e
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing