MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Wonder if anyone could help...looks like my mini's sprung a leak - somewhere near the front passenger footwell.

Took it to the dealer who said that it'd take a day to have a look at fixing and that it wasn't covered by the Cherished Mini warrenty.

Sounds suspect to me...has anyone else had any problems with claims like this?

Thanks in advance

Tieak

·
Registered
754 Posts
I don't see how that can say that it is not covered by warranty if they haven't had the car in to inspect it yet and find the problem?

Ask them why it is not covered?

·
Registered
382 Posts
As far as I am aware, the cherished warrenty is like the original 3 year warrenty from when the car is new.

The only thing that is not covered is wear and tear (tyres, brakes, clutch etc.)

It sounds like they are trying it on! Is the dealer the same one you purchased the car from?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for this...it is the same one I got the car from

I haven't gone through the small print yet...but the warrenty was promoted on the idea that it was the same as the origonal.

I think they're at it...said something about putting it through a day test in their body shop.

Tieak

·
Registered
382 Posts
I'd say they are trying it on, I've had half my car replaced under warrenty :D

How long have you owned your car, how old is it and which dealer group is this concerning?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi,
It's Douglas Park in Glasgow..and the car's c.5 years old.
I'll go back and see what they say...and let them point me to the wording in the warrenty

·
Registered
382 Posts
Hi,
It's Douglas Park in Glasgow..and the car's c.5 years old.
I'll go back and see what they say...and let them point me to the wording in the warrenty
I had a thought today actually, there are some posts on here saying the heater matrix has been recalled. So no dealers have stock / are able to get stock. Maybe they are trying to fob you off because they know they cannot get the part?

·
Mini Cooper Convertable
3 Posts
Apparently seals are not covered in the cherished warranty - I've got a leak too with water filling my passanger footwell - but it looks like it coming from the replacement roof on my MCC.

Let us know how you get on.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So...got nowhere with the garage..they quoted the section from some book they had..after a bit of seaching.

I guess just a bit hacked off with the 'cherished mini' stuff....was sold as being the same as the origional. Looks like a nice of pettiness not to cover seals. I don't expect them to go any more than other bits of the car.

·
Mini Cooper Convertable
3 Posts
the cherished warrenty thing is a joke - I was sold it and told that it included everything except normal wear and tear items and that it was as good as the original warrenty.

Did you get the leak fixed? - What seal was replaced?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I fixed it myself....it was the one around the high level brake light.

I did write off (well emailled off) to Mini to say...what bit of Treating Customers Fairly is having warranty without any discolosed excusions covered in. Or words to similar effect. I haven't heard back.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts