MINI Cooper Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all,
Happy Clubman owner here:smile:, but one with an 11 month old who needs a front facing car seat. Which seats definately fit in the back.? Only one I can find on the thread so far that's recommended is the Kiddy Life Pro, any more fit?

·
Waiting for Works Clubman
338 Posts
It sounds like the problems are limited to the "3 rear seats" option. I could tell from the brochure that to comfortably fit one child seat (and we need two), the "2 rear seats" box was going to have to be ticked.

·
Back In A Clubman 23yr On
194 Posts
It sounds like the problems are limited to the "3 rear seats" option. I could tell from the brochure that to comfortably fit one child seat (and we need two), the "2 rear seats" box was going to have to be ticked.
We use the Maxi Cosi Tobi...........BUT......I also selected only 2 seats as an option.

The positioning of the clasps etc looked really obstructive on the 3 seat option if intending to fit child seats. I guess that an isofix option would still fit well....so long as the bases get a good foundation on the squab that is :confused:

·
Registered
6 Posts
just picked up new clubman the other day, moved from a cooper and didnt even try the seats in the clubman before i bought it.

I have a britax isofix seat which works fine, and a britax evolva 123 (standard seat which harness can be removed to become booster seat) which also fits. the only difference is that because the seat belt fixings are not in the centre, the belt is a little hard to slot in on the non-isofix seat. This doesn't really bother me, because once the seats are in, I don't move them regularly. two isofix seats would fit fine. I can see problems in a few years once the harness is removed and the seat acts as a booster seat with standard seat belt fixing, however, maybe by then they will have designed an isofix booster seat. why isn't there one of those yet?

·
Registered
1 Posts
We have had a clubman for about 3 weeks,the mamas and papas car seats are impossible to do up correctly,daniel age 9 is in a booster and sits behind driver,samuel age 3 is in the smaller child seat behind front passenger,but unfortunately i have to do the seat belts up in the opposite anchorage, I have now contacted BMW,if anyone else is having a problem,let me know and I will put together a large complaint direct to BMW,maybe they might listen if we all shout loud enough together

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
We have had a clubman for about 3 weeks,the mamas and papas car seats are impossible to do up correctly,daniel age 9 is in a booster and sits behind driver,samuel age 3 is in the smaller child seat behind front passenger,but unfortunately i have to do the seat belts up in the opposite anchorage, I have now contacted BMW,if anyone else is having a problem,let me know and I will put together a large complaint direct to BMW,maybe they might listen if we all shout loud enough together
It won't do anything, as they provide the option to purchase MINI car seats, thats all they need to do, they don't need to ensure that other companies products fit their car.

Very few manufacturers work with the baby car seat manufacturers to develop their cars to work with our products.

·
but not British
3 Posts
Rakey,

The problem with the clubman is that as standard it comes with 3 seat positions in the back and the seat belt sockets are therefore too close to the side of the car to get a normal child seat in place. We had a clubman demonstrator on loan for a weekend and our Britax seats that fit the tin top Mini OK (The Elite for my 5 year old and the Evolva for my 7 year old) were just too wide for the clubman with 3 seats due to the seta belt sockets.:mad:

There is an spec option to have 2 seats in the back of the clubman so I'm presuming that this would be a much better option for child seats.
Forgive me for making this my first post. I'm new here:)
We ordered my 09 Clubman S on the 24th. The Clubmans that I've seen and driven only had 2 seat belt sets in the back seat. I'm sure I didn't specifically ask about this, so I am wondering if I should contact my MA and inquire about this. I have 2 children in seats. One in a booster and one in a Britax car seat. When we took the car on a test drive, I had no issues putting the britax in the back seat.

is the 3 seat belt position only standard for Euro delivery cars?

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
Forgive me for making this my first post. I'm new here:)
We ordered my 09 Clubman S on the 24th. The Clubmans that I've seen and driven only had 2 seat belt sets in the back seat. I'm sure I didn't specifically ask about this, so I am wondering if I should contact my MA and inquire about this. I have 2 children in seats. One in a booster and one in a Britax car seat. When we took the car on a test drive, I had no issues putting the britax in the back seat.

is the 3 seat belt position only standard for Euro delivery cars?
And your US Britax seats are different to the European ones too;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok so I know it's been almost a decade, but... I have an R55 clubman (Euro version), with three seats in the back.

Is there any group 2/3 seat where my son will be able to strap himself in? Most we've seen are impossible due to the positioning of the isofix anchors and the seatbelt buckles.

Is the mini junior 2/3 seat any different? I can't see how it can be made to work unless it has its own buckle.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
The ISOFIX baby seat goes in OK, but the seat belt anchorages are too close together in the back for Alfie's Rodi XP. :mad: :(

Did I say I thought it was practical?

It's annoying tha filezilla uc browser rufus t this 'bigger' MINI is LESS practical so far for our purposes than the hatch, I wondered what others were using or had found, if they shared our experience and what solutions they used.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts