MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've got a Cooper but now planning to ditch our Audi MPV thingy for a Cooper S. Don't get me wrong the Audi is a great car but the Mini makes the Audi ordinary.

Thing is we've got 2 kids and have trouble finding child/booster seats fit the rear mini seats properly.

Now, I know most of you are young free-as-a-bird whipper-snappers, but does anyone know if BMW plan on making any custom accessories for kids for the Mini?

Or has anyone used child seats in the Mini?

Or is that a redundant question on this forum?

·
MINI2 Global Moderator
4,566 Posts
There are several child seat options in the accessories brochure, available from your dealer...

·
Registered
26 Posts
monsta said:
There are several child seat options in the accessories brochure, available from your dealer...
I saw a child seat made by BMW at my dealers. It was very
nice and equally expensive. I don't think it squeaked and
it was easy to adjust. ;)

Skip

·
Registered
44 Posts
Skim,

Looking also. In fact our 6 year old complained that the Bucket nature of the rear seats ment he couldn't sit properly. So if anyone has a good booster seat to recommend post here!

·
Registered
546 Posts
Recaro Start Childseats

We've got a couple of the Recaro seats for our kids (aged 2.5 and 4 years). The seats are really strong and well built and can be used all the way up to about age 11 as they adjust and grow with the child. Haven't yet tried them with the MINI as I only pick mine up this Thursday - will report back on how they fit.

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
I remember seeing NEO's car at the Gaydon meet & he had the ISO-FIX option on his car :) :) :)

·
Registered
546 Posts
Passed the child approval test

Picked the MINI up from Milcars, Borehamwood yesterday. Drove up to Norfolk today from Bucks. The kids insisted on travelling in the MINI with me (rather than with Mum in the Saab).

The Recaros fit in the MINI seats really well and they lift the kids up a bit so they can easily see out of the side windows. The journey normally takes about 2.5 hours but blocked A11/A14 today meant about 4 hours - during which the kids were more or less entertained all the way by the MINI's dashboard - they love the speedo in the centre etc!! So far it's a big hit and my 4 yr old son says it's his favourite Christmas present.

I have the ISOFIX option installed but the Recaro seats just use the standard belts and they worked fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts