MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at getting a mini for my next car ideally a cooper S. Just have a query about the chilli pack on the mini, what does it include which makes the quote on a cooper S increase by approx £400 and £200 on a cooper?

Also are their many cooper S's without this pack included?

·
Rocking the F57
17,719 Posts
Chili Pack on the Cooper S includes Xenon headlights, Aircon, larger wheels, sports seats etc etc...

Basically, in the event of an accident, it increases the rebuild cost of the vehicle due to the higher cost of the parts, and in the event of total replacement, it increases the value of the vehicle - hence the higher premium.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Certain insurers (Admiral being one) seem to ramp up your premium based on the extras fitted to the car. Obviously chilli pack is a whole set of extras. Charging £400 extra for a Cooper S or £200 extra for a Cooper just because it has a chilli pack is ridiculous. My Cooper D due to arrive shortly has more or less every extra on it (in fact it is easier to spec the car by saying what it does not have). As far as I can see, I am not being charged anywhere near £200 extra for having all these extras - I suggest you shop around for differnet insurers.

·
Back In A Clubman 23yr On
194 Posts
Certain insurers (Admiral being one) seem to ramp up your premium based on the extras fitted to the car. Obviously chilli pack is a whole set of extras. Charging £400 extra for a Cooper S or £200 extra for a Cooper just because it has a chilli pack is ridiculous. My Cooper D due to arrive shortly has more or less every extra on it (in fact it is easier to spec the car by saying what it does not have). As far as I can see, I am not being charged anywhere near £200 extra for having all these extras - I suggest you shop around for differnet insurers.
A useful respone...............but possibly mentioning your insurer may "help" others a little more :confused:

·
Registered
274 Posts
A useful respone...............but possibly mentioning your insurer may "help" others a little more :confused:
Bit dificult to do that as I have not yet got the car therefore I have not taken out insurance. The Dooper will be my 4th car and will be a general runabout. As such I don't have any no claims from an existing policy to put towards it. The quotes I am getting from various insurance websites (gocompare,moneysupermarket) as well as direct quotes seem to indicate a premium of around £500 per year. Of the insurers quoting - Priveledge, First Alternative seem to offer good cover.

·
Mini_Me_Emma
47 Posts
I'm looking at getting a mini for my next car ideally a cooper S. Just have a query about the chilli pack on the mini, what does it include which makes the quote on a cooper S increase by approx £400 and £200 on a cooper?

Also are their many cooper S's without this pack included?
try elephant, they were the best for me i got quotes for my 02 mini one at over 1000, some were nearly 3000, but elephant gave me it for 690......dancer!

·
Back In A Clubman 23yr On
194 Posts
Bit dificult to do that as I have not yet got the car therefore I have not taken out insurance.
Ah....OK.

Sorry, I read the closing sentence of your post as inferring that you already have insurance in place on a Chili Pack car, and that it didn't put your premium up by £200.......hence thinking that by adding your company it might help other readers ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts