MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Im going to sound incredibly numb right now.. but what is a salt/pepper/chili pack?? ive seen it mentioned a few times, but never what it is exactly.

please excuse me for my blonde'ness - im not a complete immbecile -- honest
 

·
The new improved ScottyG!
Joined
·
949 Posts
Tink said:
Im going to sound incredibly numb right now.. but what is a salt/pepper/chili pack?? ive seen it mentioned a few times, but never what it is exactly.

please excuse me for my blonde'ness - im not a complete immbecile -- honest
You're blonde? How you dooooooin'? :D
 

·
Mini-Holic
Joined
·
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
spoke to my dealer and there is going to be a change to the chilli pack for the cooper-s but he dosnt knwo yet?
 

·
Now answering to Lady J!
Joined
·
10,271 Posts
This is quite interesting as somone I know who works for a Mini delaer told me a couple of weeks ago that the chilli pack was changing as their system flags the chilli pack up when they put the ordere through, indicating their will be a change, but he also didn't know what the change was. could it be to do with LSD? There has been a thread on the MCS forum about LSD and was wondering if it was going in with the chilli pack or something? Who knows!

Was wondering how this change would affect people (like myself) who have an MCS on order? If they add additional things to the Chilli pack - would we be entitled to them? If they take them away, would they be able to do this as my spec is for the original chilli pack. Will be interesting to see what the changes are.

Anybody got any speculations on the changes? Guesses even? Was hearing that the clock was going back to the original place - was wondering if this is one of the changes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
227 Posts
The chilly pack is the air conditioner. The Chili pack is the performance package. Maybe the Chilli pack is a performance air conditioner? The Chile pack is when the dealer disappears with the money.

Actually, any changes in 2005 will probably be due to some new available items, such as the armrest and LSD. Maybe the LSD will be added, or maybe the armrest. Should not be a big deal. List prices are going up on Jan. 1, at least in the U.S., so there may be some minor changes in packages or standard equipment to make up for it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Well...

... I've just ordered a MCS with chilli and although I've managed to get a Dec delivery date, one of the dealers I spoke to told me to hang fire and wait untill January as I would get the Visibility Pack as part of the Chilli Pack. The dealership that I ordered my car from however, told me that although there was going to be a change in the near future they didn't know when or if this would be coupled with a price rise for the Chilli.

In the end I just wanted to get my hands on the car so went for the earlier delivery date! Anyway - Ithought it was worth a mention!

Simeski
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
243 Posts
aaarrrrgggggghhhhh!

this is the last thing i need to hear. i was all set to go order my MCS this weekend but if it looks like they are going to add things to the chili pack it might be better for me to wait!

i was going to order this set-up

HB/W
Chili Pack
Cloth/Leather - Blue/Black
White Alloys (still unsure about)
Chrome Line Interior
Heated Mirror/Washer Jets
Multi-function Steering Wheel
Radio Boost
CD Player
White Bonnet Stripes
Visibility Pack

If theres a chance of them adding the visibility pack to the chili pack thats gotta be worth waiting for, unless they are planing on increasing the price!
 

·
The new improved ScottyG!
Joined
·
949 Posts
Sheesh! I hope they aren't adding Viz pack as part of the chilli pack, or if they are i hope you can opt out of having it. I hate that wiggly line thing going on with the Viz pack windscreen! :( That's just my opinion tho!

Where's Mr Mullett or the Goonmeister? Wonder if they have any ideas?! :confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
243 Posts
ScottyG said:
Sheesh! I hope they aren't adding Viz pack as part of the chilli pack, or if they are i hope you can opt out of having it. I hate that wiggly line thing going on with the Viz pack windscreen! :( That's just my opinion tho!

Where's Mr Mullett or the Goonmeister? Wonder if they have any ideas?! :confused:

hmmm haven't noticed any wiggly line thing on the windscreen before, i'll have to have another look at one with the visibility pack. Unfortunatly i have to park my car on a drive way all the time, so when winter comes the heated front windscreen and mirrors are a must have. They'll save me loads of time getting to work without spending 10 mins every morning waiting for the screen to clear so i can actually get on the road.
 

·
Mini-Holic
Joined
·
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
WhiteNoiseMaker said:
hmmm haven't noticed any wiggly line thing on the windscreen before, i'll have to have another look at one with the visibility pack. Unfortunatly i have to park my car on a drive way all the time, so when winter comes the heated front windscreen and mirrors are a must have. They'll save me loads of time getting to work without spending 10 mins every morning waiting for the screen to clear so i can actually get on the road.

Whats LSD?
 

·
3 new text messages from.
Joined
·
96,277 Posts
I've got my S pretty well specced now and i'm already over budget:eek: the last thing i want is for the prices to go up:rolleyes:

Plus i'm not that keen on the vis pack. Would be interesting to see if there are any other additions though.. May have to go the non Chilli route..

Come on, someone in the know cough up ! ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
209 Posts
Had a chat with the head of Mini New Zealand last week, he told me that 05 spec Chilli pack will include a LSD but only as a package and the LSD will not be available seperately.

Odd thing to have only in a package.

Wonder how it will drive?
 

·
Now answering to Lady J!
Joined
·
10,271 Posts
I have specced the visibility package so would be keen to know if that is in the Chilli pack going forward. I wonder when this info will come out? can't be long as even in the garages with the shortest lead time they are going to be speccing the January cars very soon.
 
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top