MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
MINI Owner!
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen from all the banner ads around here chips for the One and Cooper S that seem to boost the HP tremendously, but no chips for the Cooper. First of all... are these chips what they claim to be? Is there really no side effect to the extra 20-40 HP? What about warranty, how does that work? And also, is there even a chip for a Cooper? How about CVT.... probably not, huh?

·
MINI2 No.1
42,467 Posts
You can chip the Cooper, most places will sell you a chip for the Cooper, but most places only get about 8 to 10 bhp gain from chipping the Cooper, not as dramatic as the One (which is a detuned Cooper to start with, so easy gains) or the S (different kettle of fish altogether). Contact just about any of our sponsors and they will be able to sell you something.

:)

·
MINI Owner!
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are there any drawbacks to having a chip? Does it invalidate the warranty? Also, do you know how much the 8-10 HP gain will increase the 0-60 time or top speed?

·
UberGeek
850 Posts
afromanbob said:
Are there any drawbacks to having a chip? Does it invalidate the warranty? Also, do you know how much the 8-10 HP gain will increase the 0-60 time or top speed?

Virtually no difference at all, according to my testing. Have a search for the "OnrClick objectively tested" thread, that I wrote up, regarding my OneClick in my MC/CVT

:)

-Lee

·
Registered
413 Posts
But thats a CVT..Auto will always sap power. Anyone had it dyno'd on a manual Cooper?

Anyone got a link for the 'One Click'?

Cheers,

-Rob

·
Registered
198 Posts
I'm happy with my chipped cooper

Had mine chipped about 6-7 months ago and although it is a subtle change I am really happy with it. In general, more torque at lower rpm - never go back to first to get out of a situation, shift to next gear a 3k and still have a sporty ride.
Combined with the air intake it's nice.
Warraty void if detected.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
5 Participants
afromanbob
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing