MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there,

Did a quick search but yielded no results.

I just bought a new Astro Black Diesel and i'll be doing a lot of miles every year on the motorway (about 35k!).

Can anyone advise how i can best protect (mainly the front) my car from chip/stone marks?

I already have a few :(

Thanks in advance!! :)

·
MINI One Seven
4,107 Posts
Theres a company which advertises in most car magazines (can't remember which!) which offers a clear plastic sticker/vinyl. Sounds crude, but you can't see it and they'll cover your whole car. They say you can hit your garage wall (at low speed obviously) and the film will be marked so you peel it off and have new fitted. Basically, its like having invisible bubble wrap around your car!:)

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Theres a company which advertises in most car magazines (can't remember which!) which offers a clear plastic sticker/vinyl. Sounds crude, but you can't see it and they'll cover your whole car. They say you can hit your garage wall (at low speed obviously) and the film will be marked so you peel it off and have new fitted. Basically, its like having invisible bubble wrap around your car!:)

Sounds like a cheaper option to the one suggested before... if you remember which company, could you please post. thanks :)

·
MINI One Seven
4,107 Posts
Sounds like a cheaper option to the one suggested before... if you remember which company, could you please post. thanks :)
I THINK that this is the company:
Ventureshield paint protection film,now available in the UK. The ultimate car and bike protection from Venture Shield. Accept no substitutes
The picture of the 5 series was familiar.:p Hope that this helps - would be especially useful for those with chameleon paint - if you get a scratch!!!:rolleyes:

Hope that this helps.:D
However, I'm sure that they offered fitting - still, I suppose you could ask!

·
MINI One Seven
4,107 Posts
In fact, this is probably a better website for the product - less bike orientated
Our European Headquarters:
Units 5-6 Faraday Close
Drayton Fields
Daventry, England
NN11 5RD
Tel: +44 (0) 1327 876555
Email: [email protected]

VentureShield

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I THINK that this is the company:
Ventureshield paint protection film,now available in the UK. The ultimate car and bike protection from Venture Shield. Accept no substitutes
The picture of the 5 series was familiar.:p Hope that this helps - would be especially useful for those with chameleon paint - if you get a scratch!!!:rolleyes:

Hope that this helps.:D
However, I'm sure that they offered fitting - still, I suppose you could ask!
yes, you were beaten to it but thanks a lot all the same!! :wink:

They're a bit pricey for me tbh. I've sent them an email asking for quote for the lower half of my bonnet (from my previous experience, that's where most of the chip marks occur).. found a few chip marks on my bonnet already... makes me quite sad just thinking about it :frown:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts