MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just can't make a decision between BRG/W and JB/W for the Cooper I am going to order. Can anyone post some nice photos for the two combination? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
888 Posts
well..... in a lot of lights the BRG looks black, but when the sun hits it it suddenly looks lovely and green ... so you might as well get BRG - best of both worlds! Jet Black is going to be... black... all the time!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lightbody said:
well..... in a lot of lights the BRG looks black, but when the sun hits it it suddenly looks lovely and green ... so you might as well get BRG - best of both worlds! Jet Black is going to be... black... all the time!
Nice "Analysis". Thanks a lot for your reply.

·
Man of Mystery
566 Posts
BRG

Yeah i'm with vin_coopers analysis on this one.I considered BRG but decided what the hell,be bright, stand out and went for chilli red thats just my personal opinion though!. yeah go for BRG,i don't think theres many about and its classy too that'd be my choice:)

·
Autox Monster
617 Posts
BRG is my preference, although I went with IB because I thought everyone would be getting BRG :rolleyes: As it turns out both colors are realitively rare and look fabulous.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Vin_Cooper said:
I just can't make a decision between BRG/W and JB/W for the Cooper I am going to order. Can anyone post some nice photos for the two combination? Thanks in advance.
Hmmm. I have the BRG/W myself. Actually when all is said and done, I think I would have liked a lighter color. The green looks dirty quickly, and yes, my wheels do indeed get that dusty look in quite a hurry.

Attached is a picture of me driving my car home the first day.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How about white alloy wheels? I assume that they will be easily covered by the dust from brake pads. What do you think?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Vin_Cooper said:
How about white alloy wheels? I assume that they will be easily covered by the dust from brake pads. What do you think?
Yes, my white alloy wheels do get the Brake Dust on them (even after 6000 miles). Sort of the signal that it is time to wash the Mini! :D

·
Anyone seen MP lately???
1,110 Posts
As for the wheels getting dirty, BRG doesn't really matter what color your MINI is. I will agree that any dark colored car picks up and shows dirty very quickly, but when it is clean and polished, nothing around beats looks of BRG/W on a bright sunny day.

Besides, the only thing better than cleanning and polishing you BRG/W MINI, is motoring in your freshly polished BRG/W MINI.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Finally I ordered a Cooper in Cosmos Black with white roof. It should be with me in two weeks. Thanks a lot for all your reply.:)

·
Lights are on but...
10,330 Posts
Black is best, complete contrast. BRG white is gorgeous to!

1) Red and White

2) Black and White

3) BRG and White.

Best person to comment on this thread is Minimatt, as he's had both. (totaled the B/W now got BRG/W)

I personally think Jet black is probably best of the 2 blacks, its cheaper for a start. £250 can buy a very nice Aero spoiler, MFSW, air con upgrade to climate etc! And its easier/cheaper to repair.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I will get my cooper before this weekend. Thanks everyone for your comment. Damo, I like you signature pic a lot. Where can I get it? Thanks.

·
Lights are on but...
10,330 Posts
Vin_Cooper said:
I will get my cooper before this weekend. Thanks everyone for your comment. Damo, I like you signature pic a lot. Where can I get it? Thanks.
COOPERation gave me the original picture and i edited it to spec. Ask him as he does each one unique to each person. He'll make one just for you.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts