MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I need everyones opinion. I have a Chili Red S with black roof/mirrors and bonnet stripes. I am seriously thinking about painting my brake calipers, but I am having some problems deciding on what color. Has anyone done this on their CR/B S? If not, what what color would you think would look cool?

·
Lights are on but...
10,330 Posts
Fishtail has done it red on his Cr/B S

I think red works with all colours. Only other option IMO is body coloured, but as your body colour is red, Red it should be!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Skaught said:
Yah, that's what several of my friends told me today. You just confirmed it. Thanks!
Ok, so you have decided. Anyway, I think both red and gold are good on your car. You won't choose the color I have on mine, green. I have a PW/B with bronze wheels, so it looks good with green, but I also considered red in the beginning, just that I found red is everywhere, so make something unique is important to mod the Mini's, IMO. :)

·
Proud MINI2 Sponsor
368 Posts
Red is the color of the Stop Tech and Brembo calipers (there are also really high end Brembos that are gold)
So red is usually what someone is looking for in a high performance ride.

·
Brrrp Brrrp!!!
280 Posts
Why don't you go black? Heh heh like porsche

·
Lights are on but...
10,330 Posts
Porsche seem to have Yellow calipers for their "Ultra High" performance cars, and red for everything else, basicly Red up to the Turbo, Yellow after that...

Attachments

·
Registered
126 Posts
Damo said:
Porsche seem to have Yellow calipers for their "Ultra High" performance cars, and red for everything else, basicly Red up to the Turbo, Yellow after that...
Yellow calipers on a Porka means ceramic brakes, IIRC.

Which means they'll probably fail, and cost £12k to replace!!!!

·
Lights are on but...
10,330 Posts
Raify said:
Yellow calipers on a Porka means ceramic brakes, IIRC.

Which means they'll probably fail, and cost £12k to replace!!!!
Theres a Porsche up there in that list of pictures that was produced before Ceramic Brakes where available. The actual disc would show whether its ceramic or not, as they're black.

Attachments

·
Registered
126 Posts
Damo said:
Theres a Porsche up there in that list of pictures that was produced before Ceramic Brakes where available. The actual disc would show whether its ceramic or not, as they're black.
Sorry! obviously didn't RC.

Or maybe that Porka owner painted the calipers yellow :D

·
Lights are on but...
10,330 Posts
Raify said:
Sorry! obviously didn't RC.

Or maybe that Porka owner painted the calipers yellow :D
Maybe they both did (theres 2 up there :p)...

...I need to get out more...

...I know to many pointless things about cars...

...yes i do have a Girlfriend though :D ...

...the main reason I dont get out more ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Red is for Brembo

:cool: :blblack:
Color of callipers should remain as its original color. The Cooper Works Brakes are in red callipers because they are actually from Brembo which came in red anyway. Painting normal brakes red give the impression of faking something! Could be embarrassing.

·
my ponies have escaped!!!
4,955 Posts
got it from Halfords £19.99 i think

Its called Folia Tec

Its been on since around June and still looks the muts - cleaning can be an asssss but then again i bought a black car so i was asking for it !!! ;)

yellow i think would only work on black possible silver - if you have a red car im not sure

·
Mini Gangster
14 Posts
Black Car

I have a black Cooper. Yellow does look good. Its either that or (the more common but inkeeping with my car) red.

And for my second dumb question (Im new to all this) did you remove the caliper to paint it and if so is it difficult? My 17" triple blades arrive tomorrow so I want the brakes to look smart too.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts