MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:gold:

How can I convince my 14 year old son that pepper white for my new mini one is a great colour?! I've been debating between electric blue and liquid yellow, and have finally fallen for p/w. Has anyone got any ideas? Incidentally I'm having a glass sunroof.

:eb:

·
Once lost, now found..
204,985 Posts
Must say I was skeptical of the PW until I saw it in the metal. Fantastic colour and a great choice. I'm sure your son will come around ;) :p

·
Registered
64 Posts
Just point out how much extra pocket money he can make when he offers to wash it for you - after all, a White car is going to need more washing to keep it clean and mean!

Seriously though, with 3 boys of my own - you'll never convince them - just go with what you want and then remember to take the micky out of them when they start adding 'accessories' to their Corsa/Nova/Citroen Saxo etc. whatever they get for their first car!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ned78 said:
Show him the new Italian Job, where Jason Statham is driving a Pepper White MINI with an Aero Kit, he makes it look like the evil one of the three MINIs.

I've sold two Pepper White MINIs, and at any event, they're the talk of the crowd.

Brilliant idea!! Have just ordered the DVD. I'll let you know next week if it works!
Many thanks.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I have the PW, and I love it, but I wouldn't think of trying to convince a teenage boy to love it (or, for that matter, to approve of anything I do). I have a 15-year-old stepson, and he has stated a desire not to like ANYTHING that is popular or that adults like. Whatever.

LY and EB are much "hotter" looking -- and I can see why they'd appeal more to teenage boys (not like they appeal only to teenage boys). But as some have noted, you can really do a lot with Pepper White -- I especially like adding chrome to it. Pepper White is also relatively rare, so maybe that might make it more appealing.

In the end -- why do you want him to love it? Do you really want him to drive it??? :eek:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Pepper white v Liquid yellow

:yellow: We saw the dvd The Italian Job as suggested by ned78 and thoroughly enjoyed it! My teenage son has now bamboozled me into ordering the liquid yellow; he wasn't keen on the pepper white mini in the film. Can anyone convince me l/y is the colour to go for on a mini one with sunroof?!

·
Registered
289 Posts
I'd a yellow MINI One in my showroom last year with a sunroof, it took forever to sell it. They just look dated, but the toughest thing is keeping them clean. If you open the doors on any MINI, the inside is body colour, and dirt wells up in there in the tightest spots. This isn't an issue on the darker/more defined colours, but it stands out a mile on the Liquid Yellow.

If you were to go for the Liquid Yellow and couldn't talk your son out of it, I'd ask the Dealership where your nearest BMW approved body shop is and have the roof sprayed Black. It ads a very masculine touch to what could otherwise be considered a feminine colour scheme.

I'd still be inclined (If it were my choice) to opt for Pepper White, it's so stylish. If I was buying with my own money, it'd probably be a Pure Silver with a Black Roof (My own demonstrator at the mo has this spec), but the Pepper White would be a damn close compeditor.

At the end of the day it's your money I guess, you should buy what keeps you happy. Teenagers are extremely fickle, and even though the Yellow is the best thing ever at the moment, next week it may not be :)

Owen.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
P/W v L/Y

Pepper white it is!! I've just rung my dealer for the fourth time and left a message about change of colour, but this time it is final! My son is very ANTI at the moment, but I'm sure he will change his mind, and anyway he has chosen the alloy patina interior, the chrome finish and the darkened rear windows on MY mini! (Mind you I think he has good taste sometimes!). Many thanks for all the advice and helpful comments.

·
Is it just me, or...?
546 Posts
Ahem, is anyone sure that the MINI in the (new) Italian Job *is* Pepper White? I thought it was a more normal pure white, and looks superb.
I had my first test drive in a Pepper White, and hated it (the colour scheme, not the car!). No offence to anyone else who likes the PW colour, it justs reminds me of magnolia wall paint!

Does anyone know for sure if the car in the film was the official PW, or resprayed? I stand to be converted if it is PW!

·
International Merrymaker
426 Posts
Here is a link to an awesome looking PW MCS:

http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50806&highlight=Orciari

It has the Orciari kit on it. I have it and love it, but be prepared for the mud-slinging. Most people love it or hate it. Around here, it is popular and the 5th member of our club is having it installed on his Hyper Blue '05 right now.

I think PW looks great, especially when it is accented. Happy Motoring

·
Registered
115 Posts
Baggers said:
Ahem, is anyone sure that the MINI in the (new) Italian Job *is* Pepper White? I thought it was a more normal pure white, and looks superb.
I had my first test drive in a Pepper White, and hated it (the colour scheme, not the car!). No offence to anyone else who likes the PW colour, it justs reminds me of magnolia <a href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=1&k=wall%20paint" onmouseover="window.status='wall paint'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">wall paint</a>!

Does anyone know for sure if the car in the film was the official PW, or resprayed? I stand to be converted if it is PW!
The white MINI in the Italian Job was Pepper White with a pure white roof. See the attatched pics and you can tell. It is a nice looking car.

Erik

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.