MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do I get a choice about what registration number I want? Nobody has given me a list to choose from yet and it is due at the end of the month.

·
iPod. Do you?
736 Posts
You don't get to choose. They just give you one (as it were). But you can pick one if you want to pay, from the DVLA. How about something along the lines of CO02ER + one other letter? Nice, if you have 1300 notes to spare.

Pete

B

·
0 Posts
No no you do if you ask :)

I was told i could when i ordered the car. I got to choose my number plate (out of the 4 or 5 which were available) the day before i was picking up the car. They register it when it turns up at the dealership and make the number plate when the car is being prepared. So you won't get to choose until either the day before or the day you collect.

·
MINI2 Freak
122 Posts
basskiwi said:
No no you do if you ask :)

I was told i could when i ordered the car. I got to choose my number plate (out of the 4 or 5 which were available) the day before i was picking up the car. They register it when it turns up at the dealership and make the number plate when the car is being prepared. So you won't get to choose until either the day before or the day you collect.
Same happened with me with both my MINIs although don't expect too much of a range! The choice for my current Cooper all started with WP04 and I got to choose the last three letters. With my first Cooper, I had two CK51s and1 CE51.

Its not as good as a personal plate but it does allow to ensure that you have the best available - I really didn't want CE or CN for my first Cooper and I got the best last three letters to go with CK.

Jonathan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
J3T
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing