MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has been mentioned before and this year it can happen with everyone's support. The purpose of the Christmas Party is to get together and enjoy each other's company and to collect toys for a children's charity, i.e. TOYS for TOTS, Salvation Army Christmas Trees in the malls. Needless to say, there are numerous opportunites for us to do something for children in Alabama, and it would be more fun to do it as a group.

Looking at the calendar, Saturday, December 11, 2004, looks like a good date for go somewhere to eat hopefully convenient for BAMA, Rocket City, and the Capitol City MINI groups. At the Covered Bridge Cruise/Meetup, I mentioned somewhere in/near Cullman would be convenient for Bham and Hville, and the representatives from Montgomery said it was good for them as it was another oportunity to drive their MINI. We could start fairly early, about 4-4:30 pm, so noone would have to be out driving late to get home. The number of those responding to eat may determine the location of the eating establishment. Make plans now to come and send in that "I'm coming" email now with the number attending.

I can only speak for myself, but in the past year I have been so blessed by meeting so many great MINI-owners, and this would be a great opportunity for us to give back. Put off buying that new cold air intake, or installling a 15% reduction pulley, and please consider doing something for a child this Christmas season.

Contact me via email on or before November 15 if you plan to join everyone else to eat out. If you would like just to donate a new and unopened toy or game, please contact me as well, but before December 1, to have the items picked up. The value of the toy or game should not exceed $25.00, but have a minumum value of $15.00.

If you have questions, contact me via email as well. Thanks in advance for your generosity. Harold

·
GoGO Magic Mini
11 Posts
MINI CHRISTMAS TOYS FOR TOTS RUN 2004 - let Golfman or Magic Mini know if you are planning to attend. We need to have a head count for the restaurant and need to reserve asap. (need to know by December 1, 2004)
Meetup at exit 299 off of I-65 at 2:45pm and leave at 3pm December 11, 2004 (Saturday). With the run we will be arriving at the restaurant at 4pm (give or take a minute). If you choose not to do the run, follow the alternate directions and meet us at the restaurant at 4. Don't forget to bring your radios (channel 7-21).

If you are traveling on I-65 North, turn left off of the exit and go across the bridge, the Texaco is immediately after the crossover. If you are traveling on I-65 South, take the exit and turn right.

Here are the turn-by-turns of the run (leaving from the Texaco at exit 299):

Turn right out of the Texaco onto Highway 69 South
Take Hwy 69 South for about 5 miles
Turn right onto Cullman Co. Rd 109
Take Rd 109 to the four way stop and turn right onto County Road 222.
Take Rd 222 to the Brushy Pond Restaurant (landmark) and turn left just past the restaurant onto County Road 107
Take Rd 107 about 2 miles and bear right onto County Road 105.
Take Rd 105 to the one way stop and bear right onto County Road 101
Take Rd 101 all the way to another one way stop and turn left onto 222. (this turn has a bit of a blind spot, so we will be very careful at this point and help the other Minis out to let them know when it is clear)
Take Rd 222 (we will come to a four way stop - go straight) all the way until we reach The Angler Seafood House.
The Angler is on the right side of the road and is 29.8 miles from our origin. The total time of this run is between 35-45 minutes (depending on speed and number of Minis)

If anyone chooses not to do the run but still wants to eat with us:

Take I-65 to exit 304 (Good Hope exit). If you are coming from North of Cullman, turn left off of exit, if you are coming from South of Cullman, turn right off of exit (you will be on Hwy 69), Take Hwy 69 (two miles appx.) until you see First Commercial Bank on the left. The road before the bank entrance is County Road 222. Turn onto Rd 222 and take it for 6 miles until you see the sign for The Angler. It is on the left and there is a gas station/car wash just before it. If you see the Smith Lake Park signs, you've gone too far.

Return directions when leaving the Angler: turn right out of the parking lot and take 222 all the way to the end of the road. You will come to a stop sign and will turn right onto Hwy 69. If you are going to I-65 North, stay in the right lane as it will become an exit lane. If you are going I-65 South, get in the left lane and you will see signs on where to turn left to get on the interstate.

The Angler is mainly a seafood restaurant but they also offer steak, chicken and salads so everyone should be able to find something good to eat. Follow these links to see the menu to see exactly what they offer. PAGE 1 http://home.hiwaay.net/~kpuckett/menu1.JPG PAGE 2 http://home.hiwaay.net/~kpuckett/menu2.JPG PAGE 3 http://home.hiwaay.net/~kpuckett/menu3.JPG.

Almost all of the roads on this run are country roads and have a few bumps but are very curvy and a lot of fun. Come join us and don't forget to bring a toy to donate for Toys For Tots. Let's party down and help some kids too.

·
GoGO Magic Mini
11 Posts
Final CALL, who is going? I need to know by Wednesday, 12-1-04, so we can inform the restaurant. Look forward to seeing you.
Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts