MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

This is my first post so apologies if this question has been asked before.
I did search the forums but cannot seem to find a reply.
I want to upgrade to a Chrome Plated Air Intake on my 2003 plate Cooper S and I just wanted to know if anyone has any DIY instructions on how to do it.
I will be getting the part from the local MINI dealer later in the week but want to fit it myself to save the costly labour charges.
Many thanks
Garry:D

·
Registered
29 Posts
Crome Air Intake

HI ive have had my mcs checkmate for 2 weeks now but its been back at the dealers for tracking and some other jobs to be done.My bonnet has no stripes so i am looking at the crome intake £75 is a bit over the top for a bit of plastic but it looks good. I would like the back windows blacked out first. will check back latter.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi Guys

This is my first post so apologies if this question has been asked before.
I did search the forums but cannot seem to find a reply.
I want to upgrade to a Chrome Plated Air Intake on my 2003 plate Cooper S and I just wanted to know if anyone has any DIY instructions on how to do it.
I will be getting the part from the local MINI dealer later in the week but want to fit it myself to save the costly labour charges.
Many thanks
Garry:D
Hi Garry, Cheeky question, but I currently have a chrome bonnet scoop but i'm looking to colour code and get a dark silver one...i don't suppose your car is dark silver by any chance?! As for fitting a new one, i think it's just held on by clips...not entirely sure though...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi guys.

I am new here myself. Just got a 04 MCS. Getting the interior chrome installed next week! Din come with the car but insisted it as it looks much better!

Abt the chrome scoop. Could someone post a photo of it? Find it hard to imagine whether that would look better!

Cheers!

·
Factory JCW
658 Posts
Hi guys.

I am new here myself. Just got a 04 MCS. Getting the interior chrome installed next week! Din come with the car but insisted it as it looks much better!

Abt the chrome scoop. Could someone post a photo of it? Find it hard to imagine whether that would look better!

Cheers!

Heres a picture of it installed on my old S. Think i went a bit chrome mad, scoop, mirrors, grill trims, air vents..:eek:

As for the scoop if i remember its held in by 2 or screws and just pulls out , easily done in no time.

Attachments

·
Registered
217 Posts
Open the bonnet and look at your new scoop for an idea of the location of 4x 8mm nuts which hold on the scoop. Undo those lift the front of the scoop up and the rear should just slot out. Id put some threadlock on the threads as one of mine came undone.

·
Registered
15 Posts
neilobe,

it is nice on ur black mcs. mine is an electric blue ---------- perhaps need a white scoop.......!
keke..................no dun think so.......!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just to let you know that I included the chrome intake in the package I bought in Jan 2008; the dealers tooko a long time in getting the part, saying that it had to come from Russia !! What is more relevant is that the chrome has started to come loose on the top part, and the whole part is beginning to buldge/bend upwards.The dealers are replacing (guarantee)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts