MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Loads-a-Minis
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the chrome bar grille for the R56 Cooper, will fit an R56 MCS? I reckon it would look good if it fits, but would the airflow be sufficient?

·
Registered
691 Posts
Sure I read that the grill's were different between the MC and MCS... sure someone will be along in a minute to confirim for sure.

·
MINI memories...
508 Posts
Does anyone know if the chrome bar grille for the R56 Cooper, will fit an R56 MCS? I reckon it would look good if it fits, but would the airflow be sufficient?
You would definitely get less air through a Cooper chrome grille as only the lower slot is open.

I know for sure the bonnet shape on a Cooper D and an MCS are the same, so the top of the grille will fit fine. The lower chrome section might be more tricky though.

·
MINI2 Regular
3,726 Posts
i dont know if the 'clip in' slits are in different places on the cooper/s as on the grills them selfs, the bit which clips in to the bumper are all in different places along the grill.

·
MINI2 Regular
3,726 Posts
your best bet to get a chrome grill on an S is a dooper grill as the bonnets are the same shape.

with the s bumper on a dooper, the grill should still clip in. you may need an S lower grill surround, that should solve the problem of the edges not matching.

·
Registered
67 Posts
As you can see at first three pictures, with D lower surround, the edges don't filled. The S lower surround isn't installable.
I think to go trim with a Dremel the middle of the grill.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
9 Participants
adam_Randell
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing