MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
MINI Owner!
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm going to be ordering a Black body, white roof MINI Cooper. There are three chrome options from which to chose, interior chrome package, exterior chrome package, and chrome mirror caps. Now.... what do you guys all recommend I do? I was originially thinking getting white wheels and all three chrome accessories.... but is this too much of an overload of chrome, or will it look great? Also, I was thinking silver interior with anthracite headliner (if it's still avaliable when I order) and black on black sport seats. I'll probably add white bonnet stripes at some time. I think that's all for the color choices on the Cooper. I love this car! I'd like to here what you guys all have to say and recommend! :cool:

·
MINI Owner!
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Uhh.... I'm not sure how that helps. It doesn't show whole pictures of cars, I know what all the chrome equipment looks like, and I want these chrome accessories from the factory. What I was asking was for opinions on how much chrome I should get and in cooridination with what color scheme and the like.

·
Sponsor/Moderator/Other
3,265 Posts
I've ordered the exterior (which includes the mirror caps, in theory, on an MCS) and the interior. From the pics I've seem, both look really good.

I think if you can get the anthracite headliner, you should brighten up the interior with the chrome interior, but I'd be wary of a silver dash and chrome. If you look at Paul Mullet's car you can see (since he retrofitted the OEM stuff) http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60119 it looks really good with alloy interior, not so sure about silver.

Unfortunately for you, it seems most people (myself included) have ordered body colored interior + chrome, so you don't have much to go by.

Exterior chrome is quite popular though, and looks good on black, so I'd say definetely get that.

·
Sponsor/Moderator/Other
3,265 Posts
Silver or white wheels, the age old question...

All MINI Wheels get dirty quickly (unless you change the brake pads). White shows it more then silver. Silver is a more standard color, and if you need a wheel fixed because it gets curbed or nicked, you're more likely to be able to do that with silver. Besides that, it mostly comes down to looks, white is more unusual, silver isn't.

Personally, my old MC had silver, and my MCS has silver as well.

·
Motoring since 8/4/04 :)
553 Posts
The chrome mirrors are a no-cost option when getting a body color roof.

·
Registered
708 Posts
I think all the chrome looks great, its certainly a head turner especially in the sun, i bought all my chrome accesories aftermarket and fitted them myself both inside and out, its a lot cheaper and gives you more satisfaction fitting them ureself, check out ebay where you can get most of the chrome bits and pieces!

·
Registered
510 Posts
For me personally I think the chrome interior is a bit OTT... I have the chrome exterior and mirrors and it looks fantastic. I've also stuck with the silver wheels but I'd imagine white wheels would look just as good.

Richard.

·
Motoring since 8/4/04 :)
553 Posts
afromanbob: You're right. The thing is there are 2 05's at my dealer both with chrome mirrors. One has them as a $120 option, the other has them as no charge.

When my MA speced my car into the system with body color roof, the chrome mirrors came up as the default option so they had to call all their customers and see if they wanted them.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I would stay away from white wheels unless you're going to change the brake pads. Otherwise, they'll be difficult to keep clean for any length of time. And silver wheels look great on a black car. One thing to consider--if you're going with all that chrome on the exterior, you might want to consider going with a black roof too--this combination (as well as aftermarket chrome side vents and chrome gas cap) is stunning. I don't think the chrome looks as good with a white roof; if you're definitely going with the white roof (also a very nice look), I think the white mirrors and minimum chrome on the exterior looks better (especially if you're going to add bonnet stripes later--white roof/mirrors/bonnet stripes is a fantastic look), but that's just my 2 cents.

·
MINI Owner!
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Actually, I think you're right about having the white roof. I do plan on adding stripes later, and I think I would like to keep the white wheels. Perhaps I'll ditch the exterior chrome package.

·
Sponsor/Moderator/Other
3,265 Posts
I have a white roof and exterior chrome package. I figure in reality, there isn't that much chrome. A grill and the boot handle, both of which I had on my IB/W MC and looked really good. The mirrors are just an extra addition, and especially since the white ones on my MC would get covered with bugs and be gross, I figure the chrome is easier to clean anyway, so why not?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
7 Participants
stryder
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing