MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone fitted the OEM chrome front fog light surrounds to their 02-04 Cooper? They are available for the 05 model as an option. Not badly priced at around $20 each.
I understand they will fit earlier Coopers. If anyone has installed them how do you like them and how do they install (glued on, just pressed in)? Finally any pics?
Thanks for any help you can offer.
Ken

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The parts guy at my dealer said they will fit any pre-05 Cooper although he wasn't exactly sure how they install. He gave me a price of $20 each.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
KensCooper said:
The parts guy at my dealer said they will fit any pre-05 Cooper although he wasn't exactly sure how they install. He gave me a price of $20 each.
Myself and Minty (both of us BMW/MINI parts advisors at the same dealer) wondered this when the facelift first came out. IIRC we compared sizes of lamp and the hole in the early bumper is too small to fit the chrome ring.
I can't really remember clearly the conclusion we came to, but if it wasn't the one above, then there is another reason that we decided they wouldn't fit.

Best of luck if you're the first to test the theory!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advice regarding the chrome. If I do try the chrome surrounds I'll be sure I can return them if they do not fit. I'll keep you posted.
Ken

·
MINI2 No.1
42,467 Posts
KensCooper said:
Thanks for the advice regarding the chrome. If I do try the chrome surrounds I'll be sure I can return them if they do not fit. I'll keep you posted.
Ken
Good plan. Talk to the dealer, as they may be more willing to let you try if you let them know there's a demand, and if it works, it's another thing for them to sell.

;)

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No go on chrome trim for pre 05 models!

I just contacted MINI about the chrome trim for the foglights. Minty is right, they have changed the foglights on the 05 model update. Therefore MINI says they will NOT fit an earlier model. Oh well theirs always aftermarket!
Ken

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
KensCooper said:
I just contacted MINI about the chrome trim for the foglights. Minty is right, they have changed the foglights on the 05 model update. Therefore MINI says they will NOT fit an earlier model. Oh well theirs always aftermarket!
Ken
Ahem! Who is right?! ;) :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts