MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
A GinGer ******
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have add this to my MSC 05 DS/B spec but am now wondering whether i should remove it what are you thoughts?

I have added MFSW + DSC since reading many posts on this site, so would appreciate you thought on this on, the cost is not an issue btw....

cheers

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just ordered mine from off a lot back east. It's got the ext chrome and although I definitely wanted the grille in chrome I wasn't so sure about the rest. But why not? One reason you're getting a MINI is at least partly to set yourself apart from the crowd. Take it one small step further. I'm guessing it's neither too difficult nor expensive to swap out for replacement mirrors and touches after the fact. Maybe someone else knows???

·
Sugardaddy
221 Posts
steebo777 said:
Not big on chrome at all. The amount of chrome on the MCS as-is is more than enough for me. I'm a fully painted kind of guy :D
Preach on my brother, preach on.

·
Themikanic
239 Posts
Mini Chrome

I'm quite annoyed that the '05 Mini Chromeline Exterior includes grille & hatch handle, but not mirrors, as was the case for the '04 Mini. I particularly wanted the Chromeline Exterior because the mirrors look like those '60's chrome door mirrors. So now I have to order the chrome mirrors at an extra $200.00 approx each!! :mad: ......Mike :ebblack:

·
Now answering to Lady J!
10,271 Posts
My personal feeling is to not go for the chrome line exterior (I haven't ordered it for my HB/W MCS). Somehow I think the chrome makes the car look more "classic" and this works brilliantly on a Cooper, but on the MCS which is designed to look more sporty I don't feel the additional chrome is needed. However this is just my personal opinion and I have seen cars that look great with or without. I get the impression from the pictures I have seen that there are less MCS's specc'd with crhome line than without. Why don't you scan the personal galleries for other DS MCS's that way you can check out MCS's with and without and see what you prefer.

Am sure whatever your order it's going to look great, after all, it's a Mini!

·
MCS Owner-to-be
37 Posts
I'm against the chrome too - detracts from the sporty look imho.

If they didn't give us all these options life would be much easier wouldn't it! :D

·
Registered
144 Posts
Themikanic said:
I'm quite annoyed that the '05 Mini Chromeline Exterior includes grille & hatch handle, but not mirrors, as was the case for the '04 Mini. I particularly wanted the Chromeline Exterior because the mirrors look like those '60's chrome door mirrors. So now I have to order the chrome mirrors at an extra $200.00 approx each!! :mad: ......Mike :ebblack:
Here in the USA, we get the mirrors, grille, and boot handle as a package. I am opposite to you. I like the grille and boot handle, but I don't care for the chrome mirrors. It's not a big deal, it's pretty easy to fix.

Rawhyde

·
Registered
152 Posts
I have to agree with alot of the posts too. Chrome is good because of the classic overtones.....but to chrome the rad slats boot handle etc with an MCS is to me trying a little too much to return it to a Cooper and basically your statement IMO should be 'this is an S ! not a Cooper'

However I think Chrome mirrors look good and my MCS was speced with these.Not being, of course a Cooper feature !!

·
Range Rover SDV8!
Range Rover SDV8, Triumph Tiger & Triumph Trophy
5,172 Posts
I have to agree that the Cooper looks fanatstic with as much external chrome as possible, while the Cooper S needs to be colour keyed. Strange, but true!

Tigger

·
Dominique et Karine
197 Posts
I have setting chrome line interior and exterior for my MCS, and don't have purchase mirror cap in chrome for preserve the harmony with white roff, whell, bonnet and mirror cap...beautiful in that configuration...for me.
I have setting chrome line to the MO from my women, beautifull the chrome to MINIs ;)

You can look my personal gallery, without (after buy) and with chrome equiped ! ! !

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi,

I'm planning to order a MCS early next year and after looking many many pics of MCS I decided to go for the chrome line (front and rear).

I believe it makes the front feel more "light" compared to the full body colour grille.

But I guess it all come down to personal taste, so the more you look aroung in the personal galleries the better you'll be alble to decide what is "your MCS" like.

Richard

·
Registered
22 Posts
I guess I am a chromaholic. I ordered the interior/exterior chrome package for my CR/W 05 MCS. To me, it looks great. SOOO, I have since added chrome surrounds for the directional/fog lights; intake grille; window washers; front windshield vents; pillar columns; door pockets; rear lights; boot lid and rear bumper. Not to mention a chrome license plate holder. I am waiting for the chrome antenna base cover--the 05's-- the base is larger. I would love to show pictures--but I have spent all my discretionary income on the chrome :D Performance guys beware--I think my car now weighs 150 pounds more ;). Nick

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have an 05 MCS in DS/B and I wish I had gotten the chrome line exterior. I have had to piecemeal it...I found a used OEM factory chrome grill and mirror covers on ebay and now very happy with the look.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Chrome options...

It's all about individuality - go for the chrome line exterior if it looks and feels right. I opted for the chrome line exterior package, including chrome mirror caps on my 2005 hyper blue MCS spec and it looks fantastic! Have since added silver bonnet stripes and driving lamps and it too looks fantastic. I also opted for the chrome line interior, and that is amazing compared to vehicles without it.

When I get the chance I'll update my gallery for all to see.

RAP

·
Registered
44 Posts
RAP said:
It's all about individuality - go for the chrome line exterior if it looks and feels right. I opted for the chrome line exterior package, including chrome mirror caps on my 2005 hyper blue MCS spec and it looks fantastic! Have since added silver bonnet stripes and driving lamps and it too looks fantastic. I also opted for the chrome line interior, and that is amazing compared to vehicles without it.

When I get the chance I'll update my gallery for all to see.

RAP
Hey RAP, I have a hyper blue mcs on order. I will be getting chrome line exterior / interior, but I chose a black roof. I would love to see pics of yours. The only problem is I can't decide on stripes or not? and if so silver like yours or black. Don't know if black will look ok with chrome mirrors and grille? Any thoughts? Thanks, Chris

·
Registered
402 Posts
fidge221 said:
Hey RAP, I have a hyper blue mcs on order. I will be getting chrome line exterior / interior, but I chose a black roof. I would love to see pics of yours. The only problem is I can't decide on stripes or not? and if so silver like yours or black. Don't know if black will look ok with chrome mirrors and grille? Any thoughts? Thanks, Chris
Silver or black would both look great. I personally would go for the black. Very mean looking with the black roof :cool:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts