MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Sergeant Pepper
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the brochure for the 2005 mini, it says that the chrome line exterior,when specified, "depending on the model"...."CLE includes chrome elements such as the radiator grille bars, boot handle, exhaust pipe finisher , fog light surrounds and front/rear bumper inserts" im wondering whether the chrome line exterior i've got with my ONE's pepper pack will include all of those? if not which ones come on the MO?

Also, in the pepper pack, the Brilliant silver interior trim is a no cost option, i think i specified this when i ordered (4 months ago, i cant really remember) but it isn't down on the order confirmation, do they automatically put the brilliant silver on assuming you do want it as part of the pepper pack?

Thanks

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hi r34 as far as i'm aware the silver interior finish is a no cost option with the pepper pack which you DO need to specify when ordering... best chk with your dealer.
Also from what i can remeber the chrome line exterior on MO's include, Front and rear bumper inserts, front grill, fog light surrounds, tailgate handle and exhaust trim.

Hope it helps

·
Sergeant Pepper
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ooh, dammit bout the brill silver..tho anthracite isnt too bad, i was undecided between the 2, just liked the elliptical ring in the brill silver better. uhh cool, the chrome ext, sounds like it comes with everything then.

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
R34ver, if you have the anthracite rim and liked a light coloured disc around the speedo why don't you go for the chrome interior!? It looks absolutely great with the dark dash! You can buy it after ordering if it is too late and fit it yourself and it isn't too expensive at all (apart from the rev counter).

·
Master of the Lost Boys
947 Posts
I love MINI said:
R34ver, if you have the anthracite rim and liked a light coloured disc around the speedo why don't you go for the chrome interior!? It looks absolutely great with the dark dash! You can buy it after ordering if it is too late and fit it yourself and it isn't too expensive at all (apart from the rev counter).

DITTO. anthracite and chromline interior are a must

Attachments

·
Sergeant Pepper
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks, yeah i have chrome line interior specified, i wanted the elliptical ring in the inside trim of the door to be brilliant silver colour but instead it will be in the same "grain and colour" as the rest of the door

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
You can always buy the after market chrome and stick it on round the speakers and door handles and tweeters. When I looked at the chrome interior at the motorshow thats one area I thought they should have followed into the chrome. Their is hardly any chrome on the doors probably not to distract you from the centre console but I think (IMO) that the chrome on the doors looks great! My minis a 53 reg so there was no such thing as chrome interior when I specced mine so I bought all stainless steel rings off ebay from a chap who makes his own based in Germany. Great stuff fits perfectly and matches the new stuff as I recently bought the handbrake and the warning light and dimmer switch surrounds from BMW. They look fine together.

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
Yeah sat nav is covered in the chrome interior.

The chrome is on the rev counter,
speedo/sat nav/chrono pack,
central air vents,
emergency button and dimmer button,
Gearstick base ring
Handbrake chrome caps,
Back central unit cup holder, (I want this but can't have this as I have a different central console)
Cup holder and ashtray,

Not around the door handle surrounds or tweeter surrounds or speaker surrounds. These can be bought aftermarket though as i have done it myself!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.