MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone fitted the stick on chrome mirror rings in conjunction with genuine BMW Mini mirror caps?

If so can you post some pics and also tell me if they overlap or rub them at all and if they lie at the same level please?

I have a scuff on the black plastic part of the mirror where some **** has clipped it and it is down to white plastic beneath so I thought before I start thinking about sanding and getting the satin black paint out I would see if the mirror rings might save me a job!

Thanks fellas

·
JcwMiniAdventures
434 Posts
Hi i have these on my mini - i will post pics later as i dont have to hand at the mo

I am not 100% sure what you want to know about where they sit - may just be me lol! but they fit flush to the back cover with very miniumal gap they look great compared to the black standard

If you need any more advice i more than happy to help.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks - if you can get a close up shot from side on that would be great. I need to make sure it will cover the mark really. Can you also let me know where you sourced yours from as there seem to be a few different suppliers?

Thanks again

·
JcwMiniAdventures
434 Posts
Ok i will have to take the pics 2morrow as i thought i had some on my laptop but cant find them & its to dark know - its does cover the whole of the mirror itself so should cover the mark - the gap is miloscopic so hardly worth mentioning lol but will take the pics so you can see- if i dont post by the afternoon - send me a gentle reminder as i will prob forget lol :)

I personally got mine from ebay but i know there some of the sponsors on here sell them - depends where you want to get them from.

Hope that helps - no probs i am happy that i can help a fellow mini owner & i am big fan of the chrome so i know there look great.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks again

I just need to decide whether to leave the chrome mirror covers on with them or change for a JCW carbon plus chrome ring combo?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for that - they look quite OEM actually. Do you have the stuck on chrome mirror caps or the replacement Mini mirror caps fitted to your car?

Thanks for your time

1 - 8 of 8 Posts