MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, not been on here since march. Iv just bought myself a mini One cos iv got bored of sharing the One D my mum has (plus its guttless!)

Its a september 02 One, Black, just with 15" 7 hole alloys and chrome line exterior.

Im gonna add 18" alloys, Coop S spoiler, CD changer, and im wanting to change the front grill cos for some reason its black although its got chrome line exterior?

its the upper part of the grille, think its the radiator grille.

Im just wondering how much it is to buy in chrome (if u can) and how easy it would be to fit?

Cheers for any help.

Bryce.

·
off out....
19,946 Posts
They are dead easy to fit - if i can do it anyone can! (& I'm normally useless at this kind of stuff).
We bought top bit comes in two sections (above & below the body coloured bit), then we had a bit of sort of mesh looking grill at the base of the bumper (not sure if you want this).

there are pics in my gallery
http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/gallery_18447.html
Anyway all of this from the dealer came to £74 (inc vat)- will be less if you don't want all or if they are smaller (obviously der!).

i think there might instructions on how to do it on here somewhere.......

·
owt else is just traffic
1,462 Posts
The black grill was/is standard on the one its just that on earlier cars the chrome line exterior didn't include the grill.It was cheaper than the currenty chrome line hence there wasn't so much in it.It was £80 on mine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
bryce03
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing