MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all these threads appearing, you know what we should have now... a stolen sub-forum!

On Thursday this week, I parked in the Marlowes carpark in hemel, whilst picking up a pizza from Dominos (for those who know Hemel, it's the pay & display one) not the multi-storey. In the space of 20 minutes, my chrome side vents & diamond style side repeaters had disappeared from my car!!!!! :eek:

Anyway... I'm not having a moan, these things happen. It was probably a fellow mini driver - who else would have use for them and because of this reason, I'm a bit disappointed.

I happened to have a spare set of S vents in my office, so I put them on temporarily as I sold my black plastic ones. Now I may be going crazy, but since I put them on the side of my car, I have had no-one trying to race me from the traffic lights. Puntos, Novas, Corsas - that sort of thing. I usually get quite a lot of that and a lot of the time it annoys me, people revving their Saxo 1.0 with their huge exhausts, spoiling my Maroon 5 tunes. :eek: :mad: :p

Now the part I was getting to....... until I buy a set of new chrome side vents, these S vents are staying put, so if I turn up to the cotswolds run with them on, please no-one shout at me!! I'm not trying to pretend my car's a Cooper S, like that stoopid thing on ebay the other week as it's blatently not :). They do look good though! Anyone know where I can get a replica of the S vents without the S?

Thanks.

Jase :)

·
Totalled
7,388 Posts
This is just the kind of thing that has put me off buying extra bit for the exterior of my car. The vents are very easy to remove and are pretty easy to sell on using e-bay or whatever and I feel the same way about the drving lights. The area I live is not the best - the orginal valve caps went within 3 days :( - so I've held off spending the money. Why do folks do this kind of stuff??? You just don't mess with other ppls stuff :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
64 Posts
jasonfields007 said:
Anyone know where I can get a replica of the S vents without the S?
Moss Mini have these. But they are pricey...

I got mine from Mini Spares and they were a bit cheaper. They still appear on the front page but the link seems to be dead now. Still, it might be worth asking if they have any available.

It's sad to think that a fellow MINI owner would stoop to nicking bits off your car.

I am worried about my chrome side vents now. Anyone got any ideas how they could be secured in place?

·
Registered
22,101 Posts
Jase

Give me a call about getting the replacements. I have been reliably informed from someone in the Oxford area ;) that one of the main plastic chromers are in Bristol. The black vents are real cheap and getting them chromed even cheaper. Might be able to save you about £50.

I will have a dig about and see what I can come up with.

Wish I knew that before I spent the £80 on mine though! :eek:

Paul

·
Sotherner up north
1,221 Posts
Sorry to hear of your loss Jase

If you want to go pauls route of getting a pair of black repeaters chromed, I can try to find the pair I replaced with chrome ones - PM me & I'll bring them to cotswolds

Mark :indi:

·
MINI2 Regular
438 Posts
I have the bog standard S vents.
And somebody tried to nick mine the other day.
But fortunalty they were obviously stumbled by the wiring and just left them hanging down the wing.

Sorry to hear you weren't so lucky.
Hope you get the replacements you want.

·
Registered
9,661 Posts
Your in the Same club as Red Un-He has S Vents on his lightning quick ONE!!! :D

Sorry to hear about your vents though :(

·
Registered
312 Posts
aww Jase that's awful, theiving gits, i'd hang them by their balls as well ;) There has been a lot of theft in the Mini world lately, a lot of green eyed monsters around!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
About this Discussion
29 Replies
26 Participants
S33BBY
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing