MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the official chrome tailpipe for my birthday as i'm about to get my new Mini (week and two days!).. I didn't relize though that I already have a chrome tailpipe as i'm having the chrome line exterior, can you fit the tailpipe over the present tailpipe and, if so, what does it look like. I'm thinking i'll take it back unless it makes the already chrome tailpipe look even better.. :confused:

·
Sergeant Pepper
347 Posts
i think that it'll be exactly the same. they probs use the same trim for use in the chrome exterior package and sell it separately as a single unit. im guessing here though. a cooper style exhaust trim wouldnt go a miss though.

·
Registered
88 Posts
They are different m8, The factory fit chrome tailpipe is more rounded than the OEM tailpipe which gives it a slighty more sporty look. But at least you wont have to cut the beveled edge off the exhaust like I had to on my wifes MO.

Also cooper exhaust is slightly bigger so the OEM tailpipes are different sizes and you cant buy the stock cooper beer can style exhaust trim. I managed to get one on ebay and realized it was slightly too big, but with some internal modifaction (bending :D ) now fits snuggly.

Mark

·
Back in a first gen.
1,386 Posts
BMW fitted mine for me, and it fits over the top of the existing one.
But if you're getting one with the chrome pack on your new car, I'd exchange it for something else at the dealers (they should let you :D)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts