MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my Cooper about 10 days ago and loving every minute. :D This is my first post, but have been using the site for a while now to make the wait a little more bearable.

I have tried a search on this topic and haven't come up with much.

Has anyone seen a set of chrome wing mirrors in the flesh? I am very interested but would like to see them on an Indi blue and white cooper before I go for it.

Are there any companies out there that sell them or would I have to get them made up from scratch?

Thanks,

Wally

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
Dont think anybody has seen them in the flesh but I know MINI & MS Design are developing them :cool: :cool:
No idea of cost though :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
MINI2 Global Moderator
4,566 Posts
smiffy said:
Dont think anybody has seen them in the flesh but I know MINI & MS Design are developing them :cool: :cool:
No idea of cost though :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
I am currently on the hunt for chrome mirrors, the MINI ones are not due until 2003.

However, I have just emailed MS Design to ask about shipping theirs to the uk as they are only € 92.70 (about £55)

Will let you know what happens!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hallo everybody,

on the site from dullinger perfomance there are some pics of a black car. They offer these mirrors right now.

www.dullinger-performance.de

For me it a tick to much.

Regards Marten

·
MINI2 Global Moderator
4,566 Posts
The official MINI ones are down to be released in 2003

The dullinger ones are very expensive compared with MS Design..

·
Registered
247 Posts
Just looked at those MS Design ones and they look fantastic. I reckon they'd go nicely on my velvet red and black Cooper. Monsta can you let me know when they get back to you, is the 62 euros for a pair or each?

·
MINI2 Global Moderator
4,566 Posts
Varse said:
Just looked at those MS Design ones and they look fantastic. I reckon they'd go nicely on my velvet red and black Cooper. Monsta can you let me know when they get back to you, is the 62 euros for a pair or each?
Of course! I think they are 62 euros a pair!! Bargain!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Sorry meant 92 euros not 62, that would be a bargain! So 92 a pair then? Still cheap.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
MS-Design just got back to me. As I live in Ireland they said to cantact:

Antan ltd
Phone 01 4504930
Fax 01 4504986

They say they are going to be producing them later this month, probably going on sale in April. They're calling me back after they set a price etc.

·
MINI2 Global Moderator
4,566 Posts
I got told to contact:

DUNCAN SMITH AUTOMOTIVE
UNIT 6, TOMO BUISNESS PARK
CREETING ROAD
STOWMARKET, SUFFOLK IP14 5EP

Phone 01449 674180
Fax 01449 771579
e-mail: [email protected]

I have emailed them but no reply yet...

·
MINI2 Global Moderator
4,566 Posts
Not got any yet, they are available from Dullinger but I'm waiting for a while to see if someone cheaper comes along...

And yes, use the search! If there's anything about chrome, you can bet it's already been covered (by me!) :)

·
MINI2 co-founder
653 Posts
This is just for monsta - I've been looking for these picks for a few weeks to show ya but couldn't find them...what you think about the color - close to chrome :) I have to say with that color on that car...one of the best looking cars i've ever seen....wonder what that color on a MINI would look like :) I can't remember for sure the cost of the paint job, but if i do remember right it was somewhere around 20-30k

Cheers

·
MINI2 Global Moderator
4,566 Posts
Casey said:
This is just for monsta - I've been looking for these picks for a few weeks to show ya but couldn't find them...what you think about the color - close to chrome :) I have to say with that color on that car...one of the best looking cars i've ever seen....wonder what that color on a MINI would look like :) I can't remember for sure the cost of the paint job, but if i do remember right it was somewhere around 20-30k

Cheers
Cool! me like :)

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
me too Casey, very nice.

Imagine the cost of a re-spray if you bent it.....

Ouch !!

:)

Oh and nice Search Eng....I mean photo MINIACS

ha ha ha

Cheers guys.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts