MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Amiga 500 to PS3 20 Years
4,636 Posts
Have to agree with Paul. The chrono pack was very strange. Not in keeping with any of the MINI's design IMO. At least something that's been designed from the outset, rather than an after thought, might look better.

·
Having a Mini Adventure!!
603 Posts
Hve to disagree with you here Paul, I LOVE my chrono pack, it really looks good to me, and to everyone I know thats seen or commented upon it! I know it's not 'anatomically' or historically correct to have the speedo next to the rev counter, but it looks much more sporty there rather than in the 'classic' position of central in the dash! Only my humble opinion, but I hope the new chrono pack is as good as the old one, and perhaps it will mean that the CD controls are also repositioned as per the positioning with the Sat Nav option on the R56, in which case I have a feeling they will sell many more of them, just so that people can get the CD controls away from the speedo!

·
Registered
86 Posts
New Chrono Pack

Hopefully a volt meter will be included on the new R56,
to my mind it completes the car.
Lucky I bought my MC last april so I can wait
till the re-vamp version to Iron out any engine problems.:smile:
I would not be so keen on an I drive as on 5 series

·
Amiga 500 to PS3 20 Years
4,636 Posts
I think the important guages would be fuel level, water temperature, oil temperature, oil pressure. Secondary guages would be boost pressure for the S, boost temperature would be kinda cool too, perhaps a dual digital gauge with pre and post IC temps, external temperature and voltmeter.

·
Dominique et Karine
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I love also the chrono pack Redwytch :D

we are nevertheless much on our premises to have this sympatic option and inexpensive, maintaining it is like all, there are those which like and others not, each one its choice!!!

ok for you reponse Root Ginger, important guages is the 4 from you reponse, the guage for the voltage is useless I have this option in my two S and I hope that there will be an alternative with news R56
the optional guage near the rev-counter (of the photograph) is available only since AUGUST 06 therefore I imagine that it is a little in connection with R56

escuse for my English :(

·
Registered
86 Posts
This is interesting

Just had a scout around on MINI and have found that Cockpit Chrono Package is listed in the 'Equipment' 'Complete Range' Section of the site.

See the picture.

Would love to know if we can order it on our R56 due late December.

We will ask Paul to make enquiries in Paris....................

Attachments

·
Registered
326 Posts
Not sure about that. I queried the switch lighting with the dealers and mini-information via email and got conflicting info back. The dealer was spot on with that (in chilli pack) but I think a lot of sales haven't been on the training yet???? The colour line was confusing to me as to which bits are which in colour terms. My spec is as per the mini.co.uk pics. Rooster Red. (CHRONO PACK NOT ON first cars?)

·
Registered
397 Posts
Not sure about that. I queried the switch lighting with the dealers and mini-information via email and got conflicting info back. The dealer was spot on with that (in chilli pack) but I think a lot of sales haven't been on the training yet???? The colour line was confusing to me as to which bits are which in colour terms. My spec is as per the mini.co.uk pics. Rooster Red. I have been told the chrono pack will be on my car. (It better had be now!!!) If I hear different will post.
My dealer says no chrono pack yet. Also no photo of chrono pack on mini.com site to see it unless I've missed it.

·
Registered
326 Posts
SORRY! I've defo seen the pics somewhere? similar to above, but I must be mistaken?

The article I have read says the tacho dial is attached to the steering column and moves with the wheel. (What Car Oct)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
About this Discussion
26 Replies
15 Participants
spf
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing