MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody come off my first rate on here as a new member.
Purchased the car last week one of them is the cigarette lighter doesn’t work, nor does it illuminate the little orange ring (I don’t think the illuminated orange ring has any affect on the workings of the actual lighter).
Replaced the 15AMP fuse with a new one, although the old one still looked fine but was not genuine so had obviously been changed before, but it made no difference!
The socket its-self is quite loose and can be half pulled out the hole in the trim. I did initially try this to see if the wiring was okay behind it but it only comes out halfway and I can’t check the underside of the socket itself.

I haven’t checked the socket in the boot but I assume this runs on the same fuse so would be a simple test if that doesn’t work either then maybe my replacement fuse was a dud?!

I’m struggling to find trim removal instructions to gain access to the underside of the socket as it looks like there is another round plastic ring attached to the socket underneath where when I’m trying to pull it up and through but it’s too big to fit through a hole in the dash the for whole unit come out.

Anybody know of a way to get access to the underside of this to check the wiring, I’m assuming that would be the next logical step or possibly a lighter socket itself my need to be replaced if the wiring is fine ( I guess I will still need to remove centre console dash to get access to this anyway ).

Thanks for your help.

Ben

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had to do this to get at mine. But I was fitting one of these and had to enlarge the hole. It shows the voltage and provides 2 fast USB charge sockets.
That’s fantastic, thanks for the help.
Do you know what instructions you followed to get to that stage, that is exactly the stage I need to get to!
If follow instructions to remove the heater controls and radio, does this step have to be followed to get to that point, would be guide possibly?
What type of socket did you use out of interest as well? Does that dual USB plug straight into the existing connector ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts