MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused: Hi, I have posted this same thread at NAM, but got no response, so let me try it here in M2 ...

"Hi, today I just bought a Clarion 845 which is on sale in a local store, since the guys in store didn't think there is a way to install them without losing the MFSW function, think I may go install it myself. So, if I do want to install it myself, what components I need in order to make it work? I found from Crutchfield that I need the followings, are these all ?

PAC SWI-X Steering Wheel Radio Control Interface
Euro Antenna Adapter OEM M to Motorola F
Volkswagen Wire Harness
Mini-Cooper 2002-Up Kit/S/E

Also, any one already have experience installing 845 alone or 845 + SWI-X yourself? Any How-To or DIY instruction to share? Easy? I don't want to lose the MFSW functions, so if I cannot find it is easy to install, or not possible to install, I may return the unit next week, since I will be out of town the following three weeks, meaning I cannot return it within 30 days after I came back, so have to return by next week.

Thanks much in advance."

·
Premium Member
9,742 Posts
Not quite sure about the part numbers there. If you are using the swix then it must the stereo I presume is like our clarions - IR remote capable. If so yes you can program a swix, but we do have a plug & play IR MFSW adaptor specialy for Clarion.
My kit would be;
Clarion IR mfsw adaptor for Boost
Aerial adaptor
Facia adaptor
These are all in the fitting kits section at https://www.newministuff.com/shop
The mfsw adaptor has a built in harness adaptor for mini :)
It does end in ISO plugs which is the clarion euro standard. If yours doesn't have these (some USA models have bare wires) then you can join the adaptor to the clarion colour to colour
Mike

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mikeythemini said:
Not quite sure about the part numbers there. If you are using the swix then it must the stereo I presume is like our clarions - IR remote capable. If so yes you can program a swix, but we do have a plug & play IR MFSW adaptor specialy for Clarion.
My kit would be;
Clarion IR mfsw adaptor for Boost
Aerial adaptor
Facia adaptor
These are all in the fitting kits section at https://www.newministuff.com/shop
The mfsw adaptor has a built in harness adaptor for mini :)
It does end in ISO plugs which is the clarion euro standard. If yours doesn't have these (some USA models have bare wires) then you can join the adaptor to the clarion colour to colour
Mike
Thanks for your reply Mike.

Mine definitely is the US model, it is 845, not 848 in Europe. So, would you please tell me what you meant by "join the adaptor to the clarion colour to colour"? Do you mean still connect the HU to the harness adaptor of your mfsw adaptor, and some wire from that mfsw adaptor which supposed be connected to a ISO plug from the clarion (euro style), now I have to remove the plug of the mfsw adaptor and somehow tap them to the steering wheel wires? Is that difficult? Do you have any diagram?

Thanks much.

·
Premium Member
9,742 Posts
Sorry, wasn't too clear

My clarion IR mfsw adaptor will plug into the car. The other end (radio end) has a pair of ISO plugs on it, which some USA models dont have.
If your clarion just has bare wires then you can join these colour to colour to my mfsw adaptor. Or fit an ISO socket to your clarion (I have these)
There is then a small IR LED to mount poijting at the radio.

Or you could use the swix although it does involve cutting one of the factory wires under the steering column

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.