MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

After my first modern mini, settled on a supercharged S (love the noise) but a little unsure on what spec I should be looking for

Doubt I'll need an LSD for daily driving, how much of a difference does the chilli pack make?

Chrono pack as far as I can tell just adds a bit of an.. odd looking set of dials in the middle

What should I be looking for?

Ta!

·
0.1mpg (Miles per Grin)
280 Posts
Back in the day (2002 in my case), Chili was specified by most of us as it added a lot of extras for less than speccing them individually e.g. Xenon lights, half leather seats, air con, 17 inch wheels and a few other things. Don't think it had anything that altered the ride, although it may have included Sports Suspension, but that may also have been standard on the S. Also, there was a facelift in 05/06 that improved power and added a few other things as standard.
At this stage, you are probably going to be looking for one that is in reasonable 'health' mechanically and whatever options it has are a bonus. A clean post-05 car with Chili would certainly be a sensible way forward. Spend a bit of time perusing this site to get a better picture.

Reactions: Zsnotdead

·
Registered
136 Posts
Chilli pack is a definite. Other options are less important than the condition of the car.

Chrono and sat nav (it is an old system with a non-touchscreen interface) are opinion dividers!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Chrono and sat nav I don't see as important at all!

Ta for the info on the chilli pack :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts