MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
After doing a little research I think I will go with the Raggtop products. However I will try and source them from overseas because the only supplier in Aust is charging way to much compared to US prices.

I will try and find a good deal on Amazon.

I will let you know. No worries

Leigh

·
Registered
176 Posts
I ended up buying the AutoGlym Fabric Hood kit and used it on the weekend.
I must say the top is now blacker than before and does look cleaner. I applied the waterproofer also but haven't wet it yet to see if the water beads...

The trick with the cleaner is that less is best otherwise it will take forever to remove the soapy stuff from the fabric.

I also bought some EINSZETT GUMMI PFLEGE RUBBER CONDITIONER for the seals as they looked like they could do with some TLC. This is a more a safeguard to increase the life of the seals

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Where did you get the autoglym from? Is it available from the local autoshop?

Also are your rubber seals around the base of the roof all cracked? Is it possible to replace those seals? It seems quite common to see the seals cracked on the cabrios

·
Registered
176 Posts
I bought the Autoglym from eBay (seller: autoperformanceonline) as it saved me driving around to find it and I got it delivered to my desk in a week...

The Gummi Plege is also from ebay seller: tcsgaragellc

The rubber seal at the base of the roof (the one that goes around the eye level brake light) is all cracked, I'm a bit stumped at trying to find the part number from realoem.com the closest I get is an assembly that costs around $400 but surely the seal must be available seperately. I might have to go and ask BMW for the part number one of these days.

Can't post links yet due to not enough posts...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The roof looks great.
The seals that you are refering 2 come in a left and right side so I was told a the BMW dealer the other day. However I would look at the BMMINI website as they have a great diagram of parts on there site for each model of mini. I have ordered a part from them and I will see how it goes. The part I have ordered is seperate from the weather/ bump stripe.

Cheers

leigh

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi does anyone use the auto glym products for cleaning and protecting mini convertible soft top? Am thinking of doing mine. The bottle says to mask off the body work, is that really necessary?? Appreciate some advice. Ta

·
Registered
13 Posts
I only use 303 products (both cleaner and waterproofing) and my 2007 top looks showroom new to this day. Just don't wash the top but once a month at most. Use a vacuum to clean off between top washings.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts