MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
MINI2 No.1
42,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm after a single fog light to go in the position the brake light currently is (I'm installing some '05 lights due to increased night visibility).

I need a bulb that lights red, but is "clear" when off. I've seen LED bulbs, which say they are not road legal, but I've also found a "chrome" or silver look bulb that lights red which is a direct replacement, however there's no details if this is road legal or not... does anyone know?

·
ITS RAINNIN' SIDEWAYS
16,430 Posts
don't you just hate it when someone responds to your thread & you look thinking they've answered your question & all they've put is "i dunno" or "i'd like to know too" or some other nonsense

:p

·
MINI2 No.1
42,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ooh, you're sending one? Cool.

I have to admit, I did the wiring the olde fashioned way today (lot of connectors etc.) and it worked a treat, but could have been a bit neater. Found some instructions you posted AGES ago about modding the clear rears to the "new configuration".

:D

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
better visibilty, but don't you think the old configuration is more like a classic mini rear light, sectioned off horizontally, rather than the new huge circles in the lense?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts