MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first of all ive got a mini one 54 plate, got it from motor house and they have had it for two weeks now just got it back today, reason being when selecting a gear i hear a rattle and on idle, they have changed the cluch and striped the gear box down and they said they sent it off to be checked and they are saying its fine, so i get im my car thinking its gonna be perfect now and when i start car up in nutral and press cluch and bring it back up i hear a click, so went back into motor house and was going mad , phoned BMW up and they are saying that noise im hearing shouldnt be there, does anybody no what it is or is this normal?

·
Turbo Schmurbo...
822 Posts
If you could get details of exactly what was changed we may be able to help, I've just had my gearbox housing and clutch dismantled and new parts fitted, one of which was a solid lightened flywheel which causes a rattle/chatter on idle. Any rattle may have been caused by a worn dual mass flywheel (standard part) so they may have changed it over. See what that have done mate if you can.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you could get details of exactly what was changed we may be able to help, I've just had my gearbox housing and clutch dismantled and new parts fitted, one of which was a solid lightened flywheel which causes a rattle/chatter on idle. Any rattle may have been caused by a worn dual mass flywheel (standard part) so they may have changed it over. See what that have done mate if you can.

all motor house have told me is that they have changed the hole cluch, gear box is fine so they say, is it normal for the cluch to click, and on every gear change, but dont hear it when i release the cluch out slow, any ideas before i demand my money back

1 - 3 of 3 Posts